Vendetta XMT review by Dean

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Dean: Vendetta XMT

Purchased from: GC

I play metalcore mostly, and this thing is well suited for it, the I run this through a Line 6 Spider, and sometimes through my freinds marshall. I'm not going to say how it sounds through the Line 6 cause that's a waste of time, but through the marshall, its got some nice clean sounds depending on there the pup selector is, the dist sounds amazing to me. I I'm most likely going to change pickups though. I can't say about what other styles of music that it can do tough.

I suits my style of music. I've already stated my setup before. I wish I had got a Schecter or a Jackson instead. If it was lost/stolen I'd go buy something else. I love the FR, I an going to buy better pups. I think the inlays are kickass. I wish I'r has Seymour Duncan SH-8 or EMGs.

I haven't played it live yet, but I believe it will hold up to live playing. The Floyd Rose is solid. can't say about the strap buttons cause I replaced em with Strap Locks. I would never play without a backup with a Floyd Rose, but that's just me. I believe the finish will last, it has lasted me for the couple months I've owned it.

I can't say about the factory, but when I got it shipped, the action was a little high for my tastes, but that was most likely from the other owner. Same story on there the pups were. So far I haven't found any flaws, except from where I dropped it.

I got this used from a GC in Des Moines. don't know when it was made, and like everything else nowadays its made in CHina. I beleive its a Vendetta 2.0, but the two come with the exact same hardware. Licensed FR. Dean Designed Pickups (passive). The Neck is a maple back with what I beleive to be a fake rosewood fretboard. The finish on mine is a satin Digi-Can, in whick the previous owner too laquer and dabbed on some spots of the body, ie the part where your picking arm meets the body, and the heel where the neck bolts on. Only thing I disliked when I received it was I came in a suier box, eew, and not tremolo arm came with.

kaushik025
    i am having a problem choosing between the dean vendetta xmt and cort x2sa. both are of the same price range so plzz help
    leon172
    Im planning to get this, umm it has some good reviews so hopefully I get what I paid for
    MadMonk1
    Best low end guitar on the market. You really can't beat it for 100 bucks. Better than the Tony Iommi Epiphone SG I had.
    cody.booth.737
    i absolutely love mine very nice action out of box ive played for seven years and this is the best guitar for that price paid 99$. i am upgrading to duncan blackouts though i have also a dean dime razorback and that is by far the best guitar i own sounds a lot better than the vendetta maybe the blackout will help