M-75 T review by DeArmond

DeArmond: M-75 T

Purchased from: Sounds Great, Manchester

Using no. 8 strings I can make it squeal above 12th fret and I am getting better vibes in the lower register using a Vox Valvetronix 120 and all that contains! Playing mainly 60's & 70's Rock & Roll, I am very happy with most of the sounds but it aint a Gretsch.

This guitar suits my style although I feel a hollow body would give a more mellow tone. I have been playing on and off for 30 years and own an old Verithin and several Fender strats but gig with this. I would love a Gretsch 6120 but it is out of my budget, my only real gripe is that is damn heavy! I love it to death!

I play live on a regular basis and the guitar holds up very well. The original strap buttons have been replaced with quick release ones and hold OK. I always take a back up guitar (1974 Strat) on gigs but have only used it once due to broken string, the Strat is for posing! Following advice I wipe it down after every gig and use lemon oil on the body to give it Shine I hope it will last a good few years more.

Factory set up was not bad but a local luthier has tweaked it over the last 12 months and all is ok now. Action was a little high at first but I have to be honest, it does not go out of tune when swinging on the Bigsby.

Korean made single cutaway with USA De Armond pickups. Full 22 frets over a C radius mahogany fretboard with Guild Bigsby fitted. This was made in 2001 before Fender aquired Guild. Two volume and two tone knobs with a three way pickup selector Switch. Unfortunately I had to buy a case as an extra.