M-75 T review by DeArmond

DeArmond: M-75 T

Purchased from: N/A

I generally play everything from blues to metal and everything in between. This guitar has suited me for all types. I've played Vintage and new guitars, and this guitar definitely sounds better to me than any kind of Les Paul. I think it is definitely a higher-grade guitar in sound and features than many out-of-country made guitars.

As I said before, it's an excellent match to all the styles I play, but everyone is different in their styles and skills. I've been able to play everything from Stevie Ray Vaughan to Eric Clapton to Metallica, and it's sounded great all the way. I play a Strat and a Tele as well, and there's no comparison to it. The only thing I would like to add on would be a Bigsby tremolo. Other than that, it's practically perfect in my eyes.

I've played 2 or 3 individual guitars of this model and year, and they all seem the same to me. Great for playing and long-lasting. The strap buttons are incredibly solid on it. No doubt about it, I would definitely have this guitar and only this guitar at a gig. The finish has held firm for me.

The guitar was built quite well originally, not the normal bolt-on neck like a Fender, but complete with the body. I had to make a slight adjustment to the position of the pickups, but overall still a great sound. Originally, it contained no flaws, but by the time I received it, the postman had dropped it and broken the neck, leaving it to be fixed. Even after all it's been through, it's still an awesome guitar.

The guitar is a 1999 Guild DeArmond M-75. My understanding is that this guitar was built before the Fender takeover of Guild. It is a solid-bodied guitar with 23 frets. It has a rosewood neck with pearloid inlay, a "trapeze" style tailpiece, 4 V & T knobs, and 2 DeArmond humbucking pickups.

jmilli2
    What does liking slayer have to do with liking a guitar? retard? Anyway... I had one in blue sparkle too... loved it.. it's no longer with us I'm sad to say after a van crash and it is sadly missed - great guitar
    CDoGG
    I have this guitar in silver sparkle and i love the vintage sound i get out of it!
    Anchoret
    "This was made in 2001 before Fender aquired Guild."
    FMIC bought Guild in late 1995. The DeArmond line was the brainchild of Keith Brawley. The guitars were made -- like a huge amount of FMIC product to this day -- by Cor-Tek, headquartered in Inchon, South Korea. The "DeArmond 2K" pickups were made by Fender's US pickup shop in Corona, California. The cheaper DeArmonds were made in Indonesia. The pictured instrument is, needless to say, modified. DeArmonds were frequently astonishingly good instruments.
    Plumb
    i got a M-65 model of the DeArmnd range and i love it. low action. comfortable to play, good guitar.
    Just_Chaz
    How much did you buy this guitar for originally? I want to place a value on mine.
    Woollyfuller
    I have one and it is surprisingly good - a bit gay to look at as it is sparkly, but a real gem of a oddity for me.