WT-240 SG Review

6.9
 1,786
review (1) pictures (6) 12 comments vote for this gear:
WT-240 SG Reviewed by: PeaceSells23, on september 29, 2011

Features: I have not modified this guitar in any way, so everything is still stock and it's a fairly new guitar. All the stock gear the Deltatone W-240 features is an SG style body made from Basswood, a 22-fret set maple neck with jumbo frets and trapezoid inlays, 2 chrome H/H pickups, 3-way selector switch, 2 volume and 2 tone control knobs, a Tune-O-Matic bridge, a 2-ply pickguard, Grover tuners, and mine came with a red-stain finish. I've recently seen them for around 299.99 in stores. // 9

Sound: I play a wide variety of music, from pop/punk- post hardcore and everything else in between. I play through a Vox Valvetronix 30VT-XL, which has a good variation of effects and amp styles built in. The WT-240 can take a good amount of distortion (I usually play with the distortion either halfway or all the way up) but can also play very smooth on clean settings. It's a very clear, smooth playing guitar that has a full, beefy (for lack of a better word haha) sound but can have a bright, twangy sound on the right settings. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: After I received it from the raffle, the action was a little high and the pickups were slightly low for my tastes. But after about twenty minutes of adjusting the action and pickups, it was very nice and comfortable to play. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've been playing for around 4 years and I've used this Deltatone heavily recently and as far as I can tell, it's a pretty tough guitar. All the hardware is well soldered and well placed, everything is solid and I can see I won't have to do any work on it for quite some time. It's dependable and fun to play. // 9

Overall Impression: For my styles (all rock) the Deltatone WT-240 is a great guitar for me. It offers a wide variety of sound, from clean and pretty to heavily distorted. You can get both great sounding leads and rhythm tones from it. Since I got it for free it was obviously a great deal, but if I had the choice between buying a Deltatone WT-240 or a traditional Gibson SG, I'd actually go with the Delta. It's much less expensive and has mostly the same hardware and equipment. All in all, I think this is a great guitar. It can fit a lot of different playing styles and whether you're a beginner, intermediate, or expert, it will leave you impressed. // 9

Comments