Interceptor review by Devlin

Devlin: Interceptor

Purchased from: Music Shop

This guitar is ideal for metal, which is what I play. I tried it out in a shop on a Randall amp (not sure on the model)and play it now on a Peavey. Sounds good on both. It plays awesome. It has a very rich sound and the tone is perfect for metal. It does artificial and natural harmonics amazingly. The sustain is ok, but not awesome.

Like I said, this is ideal for metal.I wish that I could have asked the owner where he came across this guitar, because there is almost nothing about Devlin Guitars anywhere. They are very overlooked, and have very good quality. If it were lost I would try to find another, but for a decent price. I love that this guitar has an awesome body shape, and that the action is amazing. I compared it to my Warlock, and it is very similar, which is one reason I got it. I have been playing for 4 years and I also have a B.C. Rich Warlock and an Epiphone SG Special. Overall, this guitar is worth probably around $250 tops and kicks ass for metal.

I think it will do fine live playing. The hardware is good, but the knobs might eventually get sketchy. The tuners are awesome (too bad there's no brand name). The strap buttons are solid. I would recommend having a backup, but I always recommend that. The finish is very solid and can last.

The action is super great. You can do amazing lead because of the action. The pickups were fine, even they are not a very popular brand. The top is properly bookmatched and the bridge is routed good. It did now have any flaws that I could see, except for a small scratch on the body, but the guitar was previously owned.

I'm not sure what year it was made. There is 22 Jumbo Frets on it. It has a laminated top (I'm pretty sure). I'm not sure on the wood either. I did research on it and there was almost no info on the parts, wood, etc., and almost every review bashed it. It's not a very bad guitar, though. It is an Interceptor which is a very cool body style. It has a String-thru style bridge. It's controls are volume and tone. The pickups are Spitfires which are very unheard of. They actually don't sound too bad and are placed in a good spot. It has no name on the tuners. It came with a gigbag, but the previous owner had the gigbag with it.

DrainYou1967
    GenerationKILL wrote: $110 bucks for a guitar. You got what you paid for. Whos James Hatfield?
    cody.booth.737
    i would have given this guitar a seven at least its not that bad for a begginer a great guitar intermidiate might not like it i personel like mine but i paid 50 bucks for it sooo but mine was made in Indonesia thought that was weird