DL625 review by Dillion

Dillion: DL625

The stock pups in this thing were okay. The bridge pick up definitely couldn't handle the amount of distortion I wanted it to so I swapped it out for a Seymour Duncan SH-6. The neck pickup only get's used for cleans and for that it's excellent, but it too has issues handling distortion. I send all of my guitars through a valveking 212. The guitar stock can't really handle much of anything except classic rock. So in terms of sound I can't rate this thing high. The pots are fine. Smooth, not the resistance I usually like from them but they function fine. It's acceptable stock if you work with it. It gets a 7. Fortunately I swapped the pups so now it's great! But I have to write an objective review in regards to the guitar being stock.

I play in a punk band but play a lot of different styles. With stock pickups this thing couldn't do much, but after a swap it is very versatile. If it were lost or stolen I would try to get another, but since they are discontinued it might be hard to find one. I'd probably save up for an Epiphone version. I love it's feel and playability, but hated it's stock sound and how damn heavy it is. However the weight is come to expected. After a pickup swap this thing is probably better than most Epiphones. If you get a chance to play one test one out. You probably will be pretty impressed. It gets a 9 overall.

This guitar could definitely withstand live play and all of the hardware is really solid including the strap buttons. It's a very heavy guitar so I would probably bring a lighter guitar as a back up in case the thing started to pain me. The finish once again will not show minor blemishes and scratching so this thing is pretty damn solid. The only gripe I have about it is that the gold plating has started rubbing off the bridge pickup and bridge. This is expected with all gold plated hardware but I have to dock the guitar a point in this area because of it. Now it's going to get a 9.

The guitar was set up fine from factory and I can say this as it was gifted to me because the fact that it was bought and almost never played. My dad picked it up a few years back and just didn't play it often so he gave it to me. The action was excellent and the pickups were set to a reasonable height which could be adjusted higher or lower depending on player preference. The finish is beautiful and what I like about it is the fact that scratches and minor blemished will never show up on it. The black binding really makes the guitar's finish that much more attractive. The guitar had zero set up/finish flaws from factory so I give it a 10.

This guitar was made in the early 2000's in Korea. It has 22 frets on it's rosewood fretboard. The guitar's body is made from mahogany and it's neck is made from maple. The finish is alpine white and looks beautiful. The guitar's hardware is gold plated. It's basically modeled after the Les Paul Custom and it's body is pretty darn close in shape with the exception of the cutaway. It's horn is less defined than that of a true Les Paul. It's got a tune-o matic bridge and a matching stopbar tail piece. The electronics are passive and just like on all true Les Paul style guitars you get a separate volume and tone for each pickup. The thing has everything you would expect from a Les Paul so I really can't give it any less than a 10 here.

Tyler.Allain
    One error with the review I submitted. Dillion themselves describe the guitar's finish as "Vintage White" not "Alpine White."