ST-203 review by Dimavery

Dimavery: ST-203

Purchased from: Ebay.de

It has a nice solid and low tone. Which is a nice thing for beginners as it takes some mistakes off. For rock, for blues, for just anything this guitar is fine to begin with, or if you never had a single coiled guitar then why not try it with this one first for example. To my surprise, the pickups aren't noisy at all! Which is a very good thing, I hate the single coil hum. I've tried more expensive ones that produced more noisy, so this point pleased me a lot.

Dimavery is a German make that reproduces lots of known guitars for a very good price. Of course when you buy a J70 axe you can't expect to sound like jimmy or have an axe that will last you for years and years of playing, but as I wanted one for my girlfriend who will just start with this guitar it will do her lots of good. I'm happy with it. I've tried other more expensive ones (2x & 3x the price) in shops and they didn't feel as good as this one so that's just a fine price/quality product.

I don't think any J70 guitar would be advisable for live playing, but somebody is gonna have to try it, right? The hardware seams alright, I don't think it is gonna shatter into tiny bits or anything. The strap buttons seam fitted in fine. The finish may not be as strong as on other, more expensive guitars but again J70.

From factory it was set very nicely. The action may still need some correction but the intonation was perfect & the bow of the neck was fine. The only thing I noticed is that the pickup selector may need some oil as its very hard to move, especially for a Strat.

This Strat copy has 22 medium frets which feel nice. The neck is comfortably flat and the fingerboard could be better but is fine for the price paid (actually, better then I expected). The body is nice and solid. Don't know the wood but its some of the heavier ones. The bridge is a nice adjustable typical Strat like vibrato, although I don't recommend using it too much as it jumps easily out of tune. The typical 2 tones & 1 volume knobs are provided and function very well. Only down side are the tuners but that's always like that on these cheep axes. The set came with bag, strap, tuning pipe, cable and picks.

rv_phoenix
    The "solid wood" mentioned by Jerry Monkey is, in fact, plywood. Even the 6 mark for features is too much (btw, the controls should be judged only after an year or so, to make sure they don't start to buzz, screech and other stuff like that). More amazing is the 8 for sound. A sound which is described as "nice solid and low", when we all know that a Strat-type guitar should be clear, brilliant and bright. Hoe did they manage, the Chinese guys at Dimavery's, to falsify the entire Strat concept, it's a mistery. Who does worth a 2 mark, not an 8. Even more funny is the conviction that a begginer's guitar should hide player's defficiencies. On the contrary, if it does so, it's a very bad guitar, since the goal of practising is to discover your mistakes and, by learning and working, to get rid of them. All in all, a 7,8 for a guitar made in plywood, with a crappy sound and whose tremolo should not be used (to avoid getting out of tune) is WAY too much. A 3,8 should be more appropiate.
    PRSfanatic
    my friend bought one and we ended up burning it, was the only good use! The toxic paint they used on it burned really nicely.