Hadron 727 Review

manufacturer: Douglas date: 11/11/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Douglas: Hadron 727
This guitar is such a versatile guitar especially for prog metal. If you decide to purchase this guitar, I would recommend investing in some decent pickups.
 8.4
 8.4
 8.3
 3,559
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Hadron 727 Reviewed by: Maestro_727, on november 11, 2014

Purchased from: Rondo Music

Features: Douglas Hadron 727, made in Korea.
- 22 frets
- Gloss finish
- Super-Strat Body
- Tune-O-Matic Bridge
- Passive electronics
- Tone, Volume & 5 Way Switch
- HSH Pickup Configuration
- Stock Pickups (Not Cepheus)
- I now changed them to Seymour Duncan SH4 & SH2
- Grover Tuners
- Stays in tune very well
- No Included Accessories

There was no case included for free but I did purchase one from Rondo Music. It is great and fits the guitar very securely. // 9

Sound: Bluntly speaking, this guitar is a monster. It is a 7-string 27" scale that has a TIGHT low end thanks to its scale. I got this guitar for some djenty prog-metal riffage but it has proven to be extremely versatile. I use the Hadron with my trusty Eleven Rack. I usually use Mesa or Soldano High Gain amp models. The Hadron is not a noisy guitar. It has many sounds it can make thanks to the single coil pickup in the middle. However, I tend to only use the bridge and neck pickups.

I did change out the pickups for Seymour Duncan SH-4 (B) and a SH-2 (N).

Distorted Camera Mic:

Clean Camera Mic:

// 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up on the guitar was actually done quite well when it arrived. I was easily able to pick it up and start playing comfortably without making adjustments. The pickups were also adjusted well. One thing I noticed though was that there were some slight imperfections in the gloss. There were random air bubbles in places. Luckily they are not that visible but a quick scan can easily spot them. Overall, the build seemed to be fairly well with just the downside of the "gloss bubbles." Like I said, it is built solid and the wiring is well routed. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been played in bars and coliseums. It is a powerhouse. It feels very durable and reliable. The hardware too is made of metal and I have not had any problems with it. The strap buttons are simple, but solid. They have not gotten loose at all. I have the guitar in natural finish so it will last me a long time. I also believe that the gloss will be there for a long time as well. I can rely on this guitar so much, that I sold my 6 string guitar just because I felt that I didn't need it anymore. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is such a versatile guitar especially for prog metal. I must admit that the Seymour Duncans really changed what I thought of this guitar. Before, the pickups sounded decent but now they SING. The overall tone drastically improved. If you decide to purchase this guitar, I would recommend investing in some decent pickups. Personally, I am a Seymour Duncan fanatic. I have been playing about 9-10 years and own plenty of gear that I will soon review:) I will buy this guitar again if mine was stolen. // 9

Comments