Airline 3P DLX review by Eastwood

Eastwood: Airline 3P DLX

Price paid: C$ 615.99

Purchased from: Moog Audio

Is suits all music styles, I mostly play slide blues, blues, classic rock, it can pull those all off. I have a band that's strictly-metal, though I hate it, I've still to play it, and it pulls that off too. It's got a great sound, comparable to a Gibson Les Paul (it has been compared). I use a Fender 25R and a DigiTech RP350. Not noisy, its got a rick/full sound. Then again the strings I use are very good 11's. It can go from a seriously treble more overdriven sound, to just a pure rich rhythm sound. In other words, mucho variety.

I play pretty much anything with a guitar in it, even metal for a metal band of mine, and it honestly surprises everyone, how the hell does a guitar like this play metal, it just does, it's the coolest guitar, it's so cheap because it's Eastwood, give it a Gibson name on it it would sell for a couple thousand or so. I've been playing for about 4 years, I own a Les Paul, and a few Vintage guitars. The only thing I wish I had asked before I bought it was, "Seriously is there anything better, especially at a price like this". I'd buy it again if it were lost or stolen, I love everything about it especially the Bigsby. I've compared it to a Gibson Les Paul, and this one is just as great as it.

This guitar can play live, the hardware will last it's all bolted in there pretty tightly, the Bigsby is amazing. The strap buttons are the best I've ever seen, better than the Gibson ones, trust me, you can probably strap it on to a wall, sit on the guitar it won't come down. I do use it at gigs, no backups per se, just my 12-string aside and Open A guitars in back. The finish looks like it'll last 10 seconds at first, but here I am and it's still amazing, and I live in Quebec where the weather changes constantly from -30 outside to 20 inside (Celsius of course), the finish hasn't cracked.

The guitar is great, the pickups are great, everything's set up greatly. I can honestly pick it up never have to fix/adjust anything, the first day I had it I didn't have to either. Everything is properly done and congratulations are in order for that. Mine has no flaws whatsoever.

It was made in 2012, in Korea, it was on special order at Moog and they called Eastwood who then called their factory in Korea, and my guitar was freshly made. There are only 20 frets which is a little too little frets, but its a livable amount, nothing some crazy-a-s bends can't solve. It's a solid top guitar. The body's made out of Tone Chambered Mahogany, the neck is bound maple, it's a bolt-on. As for the finish it's just a solid colour I don't know what you'd necessarily call that as a finish other than a solid colour. What's really cool is you can get in the most odd colours, I got red, I'm a fan of Jack White/The White Stripes. His other bands are alright too. Not important. - Body style: Airline, obviously, abnormal shape. - Bridge style: Bigsby, great one by the way. - Active electronics: 5-way selector (3 pickups), 6 knobs (3 Volume, 3 Tone, 1 Master Volume) - Pickups: 3, as mentioned many times before, Alnico Hot-10 pickups, surprisingly great pickups. - Tuners: Wilkinson Deluxe - No accessories included, but the DLX case and strap, are both fantastic.

Vabolo
    jackjb94 wrote: **** ugly and too many knobs.
    Sounds like a frathouse!
    jetwash69
    Wish they did these with the fiberglass body and a more faithful pup selector. The pup selector is just like a Strat. So different from the ones on a Montgomery Ward Airline. Not a factor on this one, due to the Bigsby, but the hard tails have a metal bridge, whereas the real ones are wooden. I guess there's pros and cons either way.
    Pazz91
    come on 20 frets? thats to little especialy putting a 10 for features, not saying it should have 27 or somthing but at least 22 for a 10 But really nice shape and i you coil split all those pickups that allot of sounds
    Zan595
    Never played it, but I have to say- that thing is uglier than most B.C Rich's.
    logicbdj
    The reviewers failed to link this to the review I did on this product: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/e... guitars/eastwood/airline_59_custom_3p_dlx/index.html It is very versatile, although not meant for metal or heavier rock-based music (does not have the heaviness in the tone), but other than that, it is quite excellent for the money.
    Frenchys
    Zan595 wrote: Never played it, but I have to say- that thing is uglier than most B.C Rich's.
    I Never played with your mom but i have to say - that thing do the job very well ! Fun guitar to play !