DGT-1 review by Eleca

Eleca: DGT-1

Purchased from: Blind Faith Enterprises--Winchester, Virginia

This is my first electric guitar, so I don't have any valuable input and I currently don't play with any effects. The amp I use is a Fender Frontman and it comes through pretty well. The style music I play is rock/punk/emo and the guitar didn't do badly as a learning instrument. Made in the U.S.A.

I've been playing for a little over two years now on an acoustic guitar and used this guitar in an attempt to broaden my musical horizons. When I bought the guitar, I was looking for a name brand, like Ibanez or Fender, and when the rep showed me the guitar I was kind of taken back because I had never heard of "Eleca". However, after he played it and I played what parts of songs I knew he said, "A Strat is a Strat, why pay more just to get the brand name?" Other than the initial work I had done, I have no complaints and would dare to say this is a pretty good guitar for a newbie.

I take it with me while transitioning between home, my dorm, and my friends' houses and have had no problems plugging it right in as soon as I get there and playing it. I don't have any kind of transport covering for it so it has fallen, been dinged, dropped (once), and open to the elements and throughout all of that it still plays well.

When I first got it, the sales rep had to do some fret work on it to get the fret edges to be flush with the side of the neck. However, I had to get some additional work done on the bridge and bridge plate to eliminate the burrs the sales rep left that was snagging the strings and wearing them out. The truss rod had to be adjusted and the string height had to be set a little higher than it originally was in order to avoid buzzing. A few of the frets were a little high and required a fret job to also help with the buzzing problem. All-in-all the repairs and tweaks cost only 25 dollars.

2005 electric Sunburst print alder Stratocaster style body with Strat-style type vibrato bridge, no-name non-locking tuners, typical Stratocaster width and length 25.5" scale 22 fret maple bolt-on neck with rosewood fingerboard, 3 single coil no-name pickups with 5-way selector, two tone and one volume controls with passive electronics.

slashermaster
    bucketbots wrote: another stupid guitar
    TeddyRamone wrote: how can u play metal wif only single coils and no humbuckers?
    BornToRun wrote: Eleca?!?!?! wtf is that?! right now im glad i have a Squier
    If you have never heard of Eleca then your knowledge of guitars doesnt go very far from beyond this site, also NO CRAP YOU CAN PLAY WITH NO HUMBUCKERS.
    teknotard wrote: how can u play metal wif only single coils and no humbuckers? Yeah, Of course you can!! It's all what you want to make it. Sure, Humbuckers can give it that really dark tone, but you can pump out some chugg-a-riffic chords. Also, "wif" is spelled with . another stupid guitar It's always good to hear what people think about the cheaper guitars. Even though this review was not the most helpful article. I would be curious to see what others thought. I always love findind deals! My best guitars are not the most expensive!
    thanks a lot for your awesomeness its getting hard to find positive people in this section of the site
    The_Faded_Line
    i have this guitar and its a peice of sh*t, it buzzes, strings go out of tune everytime you use the whammy bar, pickups suck. if i had the money id get a good guitar
    brcpinoyako123
    well i know this is abit late but i have a guitar like that and does pretty well, but the neck is slighly bent. I need to know which way to tighten the truss rod. If you get this pls reply
    KingXNothing
    haha this was my first ever guitar and even then i knew it was crap. lol. well i now have 2 squiers, a fender n an ibanez n rarely even touch my eleca. lol
    nitroidman
    I own an Eleca DGT-1, only its transparent red...and not once have i had a single problem out of it, I own a squire and personaly i prefer the eleca over it. It has a much clearer and deeper tone than the squire. not dissing squires...but i prefer eleca.
    micthetic
    Things to consider when buying a cheaper guitar.Get it setup/intonated correctly .Don't use the trem,all the trems on guitars like these just detune for fun.To do this properly costs as much as the guitar itself, if not more.They shovel the trem on there well because it doesn't look right without one. I've just bought an Eleca, not sure which one but it has 22 frets.Positives are that it is reasonably routed under the scratchplate, noe of that Affinity Squier swimming pool routing, its made of the right stuff Alder, OK , more pieces than you'd like but thats down to cost.Reasonable sealed tuners, a nice neck, pickups/wiring has obviously felt the coast cutters axe with the bridgePUP being the most unusable, but there are some pretty sweet tones from the rest.Negatives are the poor setup and cheap electrics, You could quite easily use this as a platform for developing it inot a much better instrument.At its price point its a winner, atleast on a par with a Squier Standard and way above an Affinity. Remember to spend that extra 15 on a set up if you can't do it yourself and you'll have a good piece of kit