DGT-1 review by Eleca

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Eleca: DGT-1

I play Kiss and it does not suit at all. Because it has single pickups and I'm really missing a humbucker on the bridge. My guitar runs into Boss SD-1 (for boosting solos), DigiTech HOT Head, DigiTech Grunge, Vox V845 and Danelectro FAB 600ms Delay and then to my Crate FW15R. I usually play on middle/bridge pickup to reduce the noise and I turn the Tone knob for the middle pickup to 0. Then it gets kind of heavy. Otherwise it has bright sound. The guitar does not have a lot of sound variety, when turning the tone knob you can only tell the difference between zero and full but there's no well noticeable difference in between. But that's why you use effects and amp.

Again, I play KISS but it's not a good match. Not at all. I don't use it anymore, I use Epiphone Les Pauls. I'm playing for a few years now. I would never buy it again if it was stolen. There is nothing I love about it but actually I really like the feel of the neck, it's comfortable. I'm just missing a humbucker pickup.

The guitar will surely withstand live playing. Hardware is also good to last long. I wouldn't use it on a gig because it is crappy but theoretically yes, I wouldn't need any backup. It is overall very durable and I can depend on it.

It was made in China, 22 fretted strat. 5-way selector - SSS pickups, Volume control and 2 Tone controls for the middle pickup and the neck pickup. It has one way tremolo. I got in the Eleca beginners pack and it contained gig bag, strap, cable, whammy bar and tools.