MPC X330 Early 70's Model review by Electra

Electra: MPC X330 Early 70's Model

I am a primary rhythm guitar player and I prefer classic rock as well as blues and southern rock styles. I currently use the 2 MPC modules that came with the guitar which are a Phase shifter and a Treble/Bass expander. With the treble expander and the 5 way Switch I can get this guitar to sound like a Strat or a Les Paul depending on the settings. This is a great plus because I no longer have to switch guitars for the different sounds and types of music. It seems to like a good tube amp best but also screams through my Peavey solid state amp as well. The module walls and covers are shielded so ther is little to no noise unless you get to close as with any amp. Overall has a rich full humbucker tone as well as a sharp clear single coil sound. I give it a 9 out of 10 for sound quality and variations.

This guitar is a perfect match for me and my playing style. It offers everything I need and the versatility to adapt to any changes I might encounter. I have been playing since 1977 and I have played many other guitars including Fender Strats, Telecasters, Peavey T40 and T60, Gibson Les Pauls, and many other models.I can say that this Electra brand is the best quality and overall value that I have come across. This guitar is very affordable and is a true workhorse and great quality and sounding guitar. It has as good or better quality than a Gibson and offer more sound settings than a Gibson at a fraction of the cost of a Gibson.I especially love the various modules and the way you can change and control each as well as mix and match to get the sounds you need.If this guitar were lost or stolen I would absoluty go get another and I hope to get quite a few more. The Electra Brand seems to be a Diamond in the rough as not to many players seem to know about them or appreciate them.

This guitar is very well built and will withstand a hard nights work. The hardware seems to be built like a tank and is very dependable and solid. The strap buttons are Standard and hold up well but I would recommend strap locks if you jump around alot. The finish is tough as nails, as with any guitar it will scratch and ding but it seems to withstand a workout very well and certainly lasts when properly cared for.I rate it 9 out of 10 and would play it without a backup if needed but I believe in keeping a backup ready just in case.

This guitar looks and plays great for a guitar of 30+ yrs of age. It had slight dings from normal use but no major damage and is still all original. The action is easily adjusted and is great in low or high actions. The intonation is also easily setup and great. The guitar stays in tune and plays like a dream. The rosewood and frets are all of outstanding quality as well as the neck and body. The bridge and tailpice were somewhat pitted due to it's use and age but still function perfectly. All controls are very responsive and smooth and clear.I give this guitar a 10 for quality and workmanship.

This review is for an Electra MPC X330 from the early 1970's. The guitar was made in japan for St Louis Music. It is a copy of a Les Paul body but with added 5 way selector switch and built in interchangeable module effects held in 2 bays in the back of the guitar and controlled by 2 selector toggle switches on the front. This model is a cherry sunburst flame top model with Super Magnaflux humbucking pickups. The guitar has a master volume, master tone, and one each control knobs for the effects. Excellent construction and set neck with beautiful abolonie fret markers. This is much lighter than a les paul, weighs in at around 5 to 5.5 lbs when played and gives excellent action and tones in any of the 5 combinations.

Zhaezzy
    I had one way back in the days of yore. I got it slightly used back in 78 and I did not know anything about electric guitars then but that one spoiled me for years to come because it is better than a lot of what was out there in the 80's. Sold it to one of my friends before i joined the Air Force. I am very curious about the new models I would like to try one out for grins.
    RCSBlues
    Thanks for using the pic above of my X330 with the TP6 fine tuners - from the Electra web site. RCSBlues
    evmac
    I had this guitar a while back, was made in 78 and it sounds as good as an LP through my Marhsall solidstate. I bought it for 600 dollars Canadian, then sold it for 900 a couple years later. Great freakin guitar. The only problem I had with mine is weight, and the fact the interchangable pedals are hard to find for the guitar.