E1BTR review by Encore

Encore: E1BTR

Purchased from: SoundSavers

I'm basically brand new to the guitar and I didn't want to spend big money on my first in case it wasn't for the thing for me. I came across the E1BTR on eBay and just couldn't resist. You can't really get a range of noises out of it, but that was expected, the amp gives a pretty dirty sound if turned up over mid volume, but it also features a overdrive function so it is possible to create a quite primitive distorted sound with the OD function and full volume. I've been playing quite a range of songs on it as I've been learning over the past month, mainly System Of A Down, Audioslave and Metallica and it's held up quite well, but I've also tried punk, classic rock and even some acoustic songs on it and it serves me well when playing all of these. You've got to really understand that you can't sound like Hendrix for just over 50. There's not really much chance of finding any sustain at all here and very little sound can be made with anything past the 17th fret, but again that's pretty much expected. Once again in comparison with price, I'm very satisfied with what I got.

I think for the price this is unrivaled and is perfect for any first time guitarists and anybody looking for a light portable guitar. The only thing I wish it had is some single coils so that I could get some different sounds. But you cant have everything for this price. Overall I think it is worth the price and a very satisfactory product. If it was stolen I would not get another because there is only one way to go from here and that is up.

I'm quite confident that this guitar would survive live playing although I personally would never play it live. The hardware would certainly last and the strap buttons are well fixed but I would recommend locks for a live performance. I would not use this guitar without a backup though because for such a small price, who knows what could go wrong. It is however a very good backup guitar itself as I'm sure it would get the job done.

Everything seemed perfect, had no trouble with the hardware, everything is working and the finish is flawless.

22 frets, comfortable maple neck with rosewood fingerboard, 3/4 Size composite body - matt black finish, traditional tremolo bridge, 1 volume control, 1 tone control, 1 double coil humbucker pickup, came with, a 10watt portable battery powered amp, 2 plectrums, a guitar strap, short lead and a pitch pipe. I think you will agree that for the price that is very good.