E1BTR review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 3.2 Poor
Encore: E1BTR

Good for about 2 months! After that the guitar went downhill. The electronics are rubbish and the sound can't be described as bright or full because the buzzing in the background is stupidly loud! Hopeing it was the hopeless amps fault, I seeked a friend with a 20 amp and yet again the buzzing continued. Crap amp and guitar! It vibrated so much on the top I had a mind to plug the tuning pegs to the amp to see if I could get a better sound.

Not impressed, not content and not recommended. This guitar puts you and other people off the electric guitar genre and it disillusions you with its cheap price. It is a bad buy and as time goes by you will pay for it again! If it got stolen I would be happy to know that whoever may have it now may suffer from a disgracful guitar. If you wish to buy a first guitar for someone I recommend a Squier, and if on a lower budget or buying for a child a Squier Jr.

What can I say, the nut on the guitar sank into the nack of the guitar and I had to replace it (can't remeber what one I used) and the strings broke on soo many occasions due to poorly cut nut that I may have payed for the guitar myself! The guitar skraches every half-chance it may get and the color underneath the pitch laminated black is a powered white. Could you make it any more obvious! The guitar regularly brakes when jamming with my friends but in a gig the guitar would probably melt due to the heat off the crowd. No way would I ever use this for a live show (appart from being a utter disgrace to all that is 6 string, it would look nice on fire).

The factory setup was there. Everything was in full working order for a short while. being my first guitar I was impressed with it. I soon realised that this gutar was a terribal choice. The nut was replace within months and I still question what the pickup actually "pickup" on this guitar. The tone and volume knobs also defy the laws of superglue and were never attached but placed on the guitar.

Came with the bare basics. 10 watt amp, lead, gig bag. 22 frets and a whammy bar. Stratocastor style just pointier and more uncomartable. The single/humbucker pickup imbedded in pastic! Heavy guitar!