E1BTR review by Encore

Encore: E1BTR

Purchased from: Argos

When it's not connected to an amplifier, this guitar can give off a crisp acoustic sound. However, unfortunately, attaching it to the included amplifier distorted the sound no matter what setting I switched it onto. But then my mum's friend showed me how to set up the sound and the result was a decent sound as long as it's played properly.

As a first guitar, this guitar was great for me, a great price and all you need to get started is included. I recieved it just over a year ago for my birthday and I fell in love with it. However, having now played it for that long, and moving up from the rank of a beginner, I am now considering buying another guitar, but I will keep this one, as it is decent, lightweight and easy to carry around. I would recommend it as a first guitar for anyone just learning to play, at this price, it's also a very good deal.

I would possibly take this guitar up for a live set, however, I would make sure to have a backup guitar close to hand. The strap buttons, as I mentioned before, are slowly becoming loose, but as of yet I have had no problem by dropping this guitar.

I have had this guitar for just over a year of constant playing, and until recently, there have been no problems with it. But just recently there have been small hiccups with the structure, which could possible just be because of me. But the strap connector parts are coming loose and need to be screwed back in every now and then, and one of the screws holding down the jack socket has threaded through the body and is hanging off. Apart from that, there is no affect on playing due to any problems I have experienced.

Came with a black pick, small Encore amplifier, connection lead, tremolo bar and maintenance tools. 22 frets, Stratocaster style body, 6 string.