E1BTR review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 3.2 Poor
Encore: E1BTR

This guitar I think would not suit any it makes 1 sound like someone has passed wind! The amp supplied was weak and small and stopped working in about a month and the cable was pretty useless aswell.

I play everything from blues to metal just what I feel like and it doesnt't suit any style. I have been playing for a couple of months, although got bought this guitar 3 years ago, and I can say this guitar is truely terrible, I don't have an expert ear and tell this guitar is rubbish. If it were stolen or lost I would probably throw a party or celebrate but I don't think it would get stolen because it is worthless. Overall I wish it was a different guitar even a Squier Strat would be better.

This is probably the only good thing about the guitar it is as tough as old nails I have dropped it constantly and nothing, I think that you could run over this with a bulldozer and nothing would happen! I don't gig but it would survive a gig but I'm not sure if your audience would survive the terrible sound given off by this guitar. I would not gig with this guitar even with a backup.

When I bought this guitar it was not setup well at tall action poor, every strings buzzed apart from high e, the inotation was poor and nut was cut too deep. The finish wasn't bad only a couple of flaws but for an 80 guitar not a bad finish. The tuning pegs werent bad they could hold the tuning for maybe max couple of days light playing. The pickups were at a good height for muting etc. it's a pitty it's one weak humbucker is rubbish.

The guitar has 21 thin unfinished frets, maple neck with rosewood fretboard. The body is in black and is a sort of Strat shape maybe super Strat although is 7/8 size which is full scale with small body making it hard to identify what style it is.The electronics are rubbish, there was no point in them putting a tone knob on it doesnt't do anything! It also has one humbucker which is pretty weak. The guitar also came with a small practice amp, guitar lead and a pick.

redshift21
    I know someone who picked one of these up for 15 at a boot fair, he ripped out the original humbucker and replaced it with a Teisco gold foil pickup at the bridge, he also routed out another pickup pocket at the neck and he put a Seymour Duncan in at the neck with a selector switch to flip between the two, shitty looking guitar but it sounds great. Moral, buy one dirt cheap second hand and use it for a testbed
    rorydude22
    nuclearganon wrote: This guitar is shit. It took me ages to save up for it, and then when I got it I realised how bad a mistake I made and I am now saving up for an esp/ LTD EX 50, which is a very good guitar.
    yeah i bought this guitar for about 30 at a car boot sale and it was rubbish. The neck is unfinished and it hurts to play,the shit, cheap copy of a humbucker pick-up is covered in plastic,the neck was not straight and it was rubbish even for a beginers guitar. advice to anyone thinking of buying this guitar, DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!