E99 review by Encore

Encore: E99

I play a variety of musical styles, from Paramore style emo rock to Avenged Sevenfold, and even A7x's heavier riffs are greedily gobbled up by the humbuckers. They are extremely versatile only having a tiny problem trying to get that "clean" sound, because of the natural distortion. I have used it on two amps, wich are the one supplied and my friends eastcoast 20 watt, and it still souned good. I have 1 effect pedal (Behinger Super Metal) and I have it set to a searing high sustain on higher strings and a crunchey full Bring Me The Horizon style low end notes. I've also tryed it through a synth pedal that I can't remember the name of and it just shouted out 'Living On A Prayer' all over. Put the tone and treble up, Switch to the bridge, play some chords and you will like the warn classic sound it produces.

I think this is a good guitar and it could be excellent if they sorted out the little niggles. I think I would save this guitar because it would sound amazing recorded, although if it was lost or stolen, I think I would get a different guitar. At this price it is a steal aswell.

Ahhhh... This guitars downfall. It isn't the best build quality in the world and I know there's worse, but after so much good, it seems like the worst thing in the world. After about 1/2 a year the top strap button began to work loose, up to the point where I've had to seal it with masking tape. Then the rate wich it goues through strings. About a month back I put some Ernie Ball Regular Slinkeys 10 guage and I have all ready lost the A, D and high E srtings. I wouldn't recommend it as a live guitar, even with a back up. Wich is annoying because I'm playing a battle of the bands in early December.

The guitar came out of the box and all that was needed was a quick tune and it was ready to play. Even the trussrod was fine and didn't need adjusting, unlike some guitars. The action was fine and the intonation was spot on. The pick ups were set up correctly straight away and all I've done was highten the neck pick up to make it louder. Out of the box there was only the top nut that needed loosening.

I got this as my first electric guitar and it is my only one at the moment. It was made 2006/7 in England. The fretboard is made from rosewood and has 22 standerd size frets and a neck length of 24.75 inches. The body is mahogany and the neck is bolt on, also mahogany. The overall shape of the body is a Les Paul, which gives excellent access to the top frets and in typical fashion, it has a Tune-O-matic bridge with detachable stop bar. There are 2 naked humbuckers with a tone and volume each. The selector is a standard Gibson 3-way switch. This Encore guitar came in a pack with 2x plectrums, a 5 foot lead, strap, 10 watt BB10 amplifier, gig bag and instructional DVD.

MitchGibson
    Plan009
    MitchGibson wrote: Lets be honest, a guitar that you can probably get from argos isn't gona have a sound of 10 especially through a practice amp with a crappy behringer pedal, and with a reliability of 3! that says it all, why does this get front page?
    All a matter of opinion mate. It's his first guitar, so he's no lining her up against Mr.MitchGibson's guitars, he's judging it on his own experience. Nothing wrong with that. I give him credit for trying.
    Stevie.D_BCRich
    Ever tried using different strings? In my experience, Ernie Ball 10's are crap anyways. You cannot base a review of a guitar on how it goes through strings. You also need to look at the way you are playing the guitar if you are snapping strings that easily. I agree with MitchGibson, how the hell has this review got on the front page? So much rubbish written in here...
    Linkerman
    Stevie.D_BCRich wrote: (...) So much rubbish written in here...
    Agreed. Furthermore, Paramore is NOT emo. It's pop-punk/pop-rock.
    NickGiovanni
    No offense to your writing dude, but if that's only your first guitar, you're not suited to review it as a 10. Ever tried playing an authentic LP? Or if your into A7X and BMTH, an Ibanez/ESP/Schecter? Get some grounds for comparison before you review stuff, you know? Otherwise, good writing style, good job.
    WarriorArtist94
    Guuitars aren't often the reason for string usage being high. That's normally technique. I've been there and fixed my technique and voila! My strings last til they're black, if i let them go that long before changing them.
    supersac
    wait a sec somethings not right here
    im not sure what warm sound he means but the bridge humbucker with the treble and tone up in my experience does not make a warm sound
    AmongForgotten1
    No offense to your writing dude, but if that's only your first guitar, you're not suited to review it as a 10. I said it was the first guitar i OWNED, and yes i have tried most of the suggestions. I also believe that it can stand up to them, it just massively suffers from reliability issues.