KC3 review by Encore

Encore: KC3

Purchased from: Ron's Music, Toledo, Ohio

I play almost all styles of music on this thing and it suits me fine. Like all guitars and amps, you have to know where all the sweet spots are. I can get really nick jazz and blues out of it, and rock tones tick and thin. I use a Digitech genisis 1 anda Fender princeton 1X12 model amp. Some of the pickups can be noisy, mainly the bride pickup, and when there's alot of gain and/or volume in use. my genisis has a noise gate that I use. The guitar can get any tone you want with the right gear. Basically, anything you can do with a Strat, you can do with this, just not to the same extent.

Pretty good. An electric guitar without an amp is only half and instument, with a bad amp, comes a bad guitar. Use a decent amp like I did and the guitar shows what it can really do. I suggest a Marshal stack or Vox combo.

This guitar is very durable as far as playing goes. I won't run it over with a car to see how much it can withstand, but it is tough. The hardware will last, except fot the 5-way Switch. The finish will last unless you do like me and take sandpaper to it, of course, if it does show wear and nicks, it gives it the Vintage look, which is cool. I replaced the strap button scres and put in ones that bit into the wood a little beter. It is a rather dependable and strong axe, and even if it does break, they're cheap.

When i got the guitar, thee action was about 3/4" above thue board, so that might need adjusting. No guitar under 500 bucks is gonna be perfect. After about a year of having the guitar I stripped off the sunburst finish and repainted it, the guitar didn't change tone at all. I also sanded the back varnish off the fretboard and now the tone is more rounded and warm, very smooth and nice. None of the controls were loose or flawed, but the selector is a little noisy.

This guitar has 21 frets, a solid body, with volume, and two tone controls, a 5-way selector Switch and 3 single coils pick ups. The neck is maple and C-shaped, with rosewood fretboard. The body is Strat shaped, but a little less contoured in the back. The tremlo is like that of a stock, Standard Strat, but crappier. I put a block of wood behind the tremlo and put 5 springs in 'cause I don't use it anyway. It likes to go out of tune when used. the tuners can also be replace for better tuning stability as the stock tuners are non-locking metal lumps. Mine came with a gigbag only, butit was only 100 bucks.