KC3 review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 5.6 Decent
Encore: KC3

Purchased from: Some internet shop

The sustain crumbles away pretty much after you strike the strings. The tone pots are pretty much useless as the guitar is toneless. Feedback by the bucket loads and the cheap cheap single coils are very noisy when put under any distortion. Back when I used this guitar I ran it through a Marshall MG10. When run through higher quality amps you can squeeze some life out of this guitar though.

I play mostly rock and melodic metal, but when I had this guitar I was pretty much learning the basics instead of learning any good music. I've been playing for around 3 years and own Les Paul copies and a Strat. This was my first guitar and was much harder to play than my other copies and Fender. Wouldn't care much if it was stolen as you can find Strat copies 3 times as good for another 50quid. My Fender kicks this Encores arse. You should check out a Shine or Stagg if you are looking for a first guitar. This Encore isn't worth the trouble or the money.

Not a very reliable guitar, ud have to be pretty much insane to use this guitar for a gig as the feedback that would be produced would be disturbing. The strap buttons are pretty solid. This guitar wouldn't even be worthy as a backup. The finish is nice and doesn't how buckle rash or wear of any sort.

Factory set up on this guitar was poor. Action was about 5 milimeters high and the guitar was not in tune. The tuners were also loose and falling off the headstock. The strings were hitting the pickup poles. Came with two springs for the tremelo, God knows why. The thick finish can survive a herd of moose charging into it. 3ply white scratchplate was cut nicely and the frets were smooth. That's about it.

You are seriously considering buying this guitar? Ok then lets get on with the review. Features, 21 frets, medium c shape bolt on neck made of maple with a rosewood fretting board. Standard Strat features I guess. Thick red gloss finish. Body made of incredibly cheap solid wood. 1 volume and 2 tone pots. 3 single coils. Cheap tuners. Came with gig bag and lead.