KC3 review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Encore: KC3

Purchased from: Ebay

When I first started playing all I played was Blink 182 and other punk-pop as it was fairly easy and to be honest this guitar, when played through an Boss MT-2, was quite a good beginner guitar. It makes a hell of a lot of noise when not playing and on the bridge pickup it hums constantly no matter what your doing. It does not have variety at all it is purely for pop-punk and distorted music because otherwise you will notice its lack of tone or sustain.

I now play more metal and hard rock so this guitar is no good at all and I am trying to sell it. I own a Vintage VS6 so I no longer need this guitar at all, other than for backup, and if it was stolen I would not care that much really. If I knew how limited it was before I got it I still would have bought it just because its so cheap and the amp isnt that bad. I wish this guitar had tuners that didnt suck and had sustain.

Apart from the tuning problem it doesnt really have and reliability problems. Its made of very tough wood and will not break from being dropped. It would withstand live playing however its only good as a backup live and I have never needed it. The strap buttons arent great but with strap locks its fine. The finish is the best part of the guitar as it is thick and will never wear off.

The action was incredibly high at first which I changed and the pickups were wobbled a lot. However the finish was quite nice and made me think it was a good guitar at first (I knew nothing about guitars really).

I got this new from a shop closing down so it was cheaper. It was made I geuss in 2005 which is when I got it. 22 frets, solid body, made of cheap wood, red finish, Strat body shape, 3 single coil pickups, a volume control and 2 tone controls. The tuners, well it can stay in tune for about 5 mins so you can at least get through a song before tuning it again. It came with a BB Blaster 10 watt amp which isnt actually that bad.

thunderinblack
    my uncel has had one for 5 years ansd not changed anything and it looks horrible the scrach plate is yellow the picups are even more yellow the fret boar is compleatly dryed out and feels horrible but the tuners and brige havent aged one bit and the finish(bar a few marks) is good as new
    thunderinblack
    oh and the sustain isn't as bad if you get rid of the ecore strings i use either eb or fender strings and its sustain is fine