KC3 review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 4.4 Poor
Encore: KC3

Purchased from: www.music-king.com

It suits my music style pretty well, but I don't need many effects to get a good sound so any guitar would I suppose. I use it with my BB Blaster and occasionally I borrow a Marshall amp from a friend (not sure which model) just to give it a bit more kick. If you want a cheap guitar and want to play music like The Libertines, The View and other Indie music this guitar will be fine for you, but if you like heavier sounds you will need a good amp because it can't be achieved on the Blaster.

I play Indie rock music and this axe does the job, just. The only real reason I chose this one was because it was the cheapest pack I could find. If it went missing I would get something else because pretty much everything out there is better, however I am becoming attached to it, it being my first guitar. I would have liked it if it came with some better pickups because the Encore ones aren't very good, but I might do that myself when I get a bit more money.

I haven't tried playing Live with the KC3 yet, and I'm rather worried because I don't think it can withstand Live playing. I had to take the tremolo arm off as a friend went rather mental with it and almost ripped the bridge clean off, and I don't want that to happen (rather obviously). I would prefer to have a backup when gigging with my band, but at the moment that's not easy to do.

The only real complaint I have about the build of the guitar is that the jack fitted is too deep, so cables tend to fall out of it. I don't really think it's worth getting it replaced though, I could just put the money towards a better guitar. Other than that the manufacturer has turned out a decent guitar, not fantastic but it does its job as a cheap student guitar.

The KC3 is a 22-fret Stratocaster copy, 3 single coil pickups with 5-way switching. 2 tone controls and 1 volume control and a tremolo (which can ruin your tuning if you use it too much). Tuning is a real problem on this guitar because the non-locking tuners mean it can go out half way through a song (mine has done this before)and as I have said the tremolo really affects the tuning. I bought this guitar as part of a beginners pack, so it came with a BB Blaster amp (10 watt) leads, tuner, pick, stand, gig bag and spare strings, but when the pack arrived the e string had snapped so the dealer offered to send some more spare strings and a set of Venom cables.

Black_Beauty
    This was my very first electric guitar. Got it as a package with a 10 watt amp and stuff. I eventually got bored with the color so i took the white scratchboard and replaced it with a black one wich was pretty annoying cause i had to switch the pots too (potentio meters) but it looked great.the sound wasnt good enough either so i got myself a les paul black beauty wich KICKS ASS
    TheCrowing2113
    I've had these guitar for a fair couple of years, its basically falling apart but its ok for now. I brought this from Argos (which is one of the main places which they sell) and I gave it the moniker of 'Fender Argos'. Not a bad guitar for beginners.