KC3 review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 1.8 Junky
Encore: KC3

Price paid: € 200

Purchased from: Local music store

I play everything from grundge to metal and this guitar suits some of the types of music I play. it's not good for playing metal as you can imagine with single coil pickups. This guitar does give off a lot of hum though and I find that very annoying which was why I gave this such a low rating. I play it through a Fender frontman 212 and the Drive channel in it gave me an alright sound for punk and grundge sounds. Nothing special though. The pickups on it are crap though and couldn't be going to all the trouble of changing them as it is only a starters guitar. Not a very good or powerful sound off of it overall.

I have been playing for 3 years now and I can truely say don't buy this guitar, even if you are a starter. I never play this guitar anymore because I am fed up with it. I bought this guitar as a first guitar, and it doesnt't even fit into that category. For looks, it would suit the look of someone playing punk or blues. But just because I said that and you are a person Who plays that type of music Who is reading this I still wouldn't recommend this guitar as it is a bad guitar. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I wouldn't particularly care. I'd just get a Fender.

I do play gigs, but I would never ever use this guitar to play Live. I play in a hardcore punk band and I usually use my Ibanez for gigs with my Jagmaster as backup. I can never trust this guitar for playing Live. it's to hard to play with the high action and we play a lot of fast riffs in the band I'm in and I would just look crap struggling to reach them chords. The strap buttons are not very solid and the strap fell off sometimes so I got strap locks. I was gonna give this 1, but I'll give it 2 because the finish on this still kept it's shape after 3 years and I lost count how many knocks I gave it and it didn't even dent.

This guitar was set up in the most chronic way possible. I've never seen a guitar set up as bad. All the pickups were lobsided terribly, the action was way too high and there was still fretbuzz, the strings were rusty and the frets were clogged with dirt. I cleaned the frets and changed the strings, but I couldnt lower the action anymore without getting fret buzz and I couldnt level out the pickups because there was something wrong with the threads of the screw, so I had to remove the pickgaurd and get new screws so I could level out the pickups. So after a matter of days the pickups were level. Gone to way much trouble though. Absoloutely terrible.

I bought this as my first guitar. That was 2 years ago though and I've bought 2 guitars since then which are a Squier Jagmaster and an Ibanez RG370DX. Before this though, I played my friends Epiphone Les Paul Standard. The guitar has a rosewood fretboard, maple neck, black finish, white pickgaurd, 5 way selector Switch, 3 single coil pickups, tremolo, 2 tone pots, 1 volume pot and also came with a bag, strap, lead and picks. it's ok for a starter, but not for someone more experianced. The pot were lose and made a scratching sound when I turned them and the selector Switch was noisy when played through an amp. It didn't come with a whammy bar, so I had to buy one.

Jelly Man
    I'm going to do a Kurt Cobain to this guitar some day soon (smash it somewhere)