P29 review by Encore

• Reviewer's score: 3.4 Poor
Encore: P29

Purchased from: argos

I first had this guitar when I started to play guitar but it broke. For sentimental reason I bought it again. It sounds bad through almost anything but when you're learning it doesn't matter. The sound is poor no mater what you're playing. The action cannot be lowered much because it catches on the top frets.

I don't know what it is about this guitar. Everything about it is poor but I just love it. I can't quite put my finger on it. It seems to be everything a beginner guitar should be. Built to make you fingers bleed and be trashed. I think it's why I bought another one just to play at home when I'm not practicing with the band.

I wouldn't ever use this at a gig even if my life depended on it, let alone use it as a back up. This guitar is simply a practice or beginner guitar and is ridiculously over priced. The tuners are stiff and it feels pretty hard on your fingers when playing for more than half an hour.

The action was poor and the finish is not all too great. The strap buttons are very poorly finished and simply do not hold the weight of the guitar. The finish on the guitar was clean I'll give it that but you can feel how poor the quality is when you play it.

Not sure when it was made. It had 22 frets and has a black gloss finish. It is basically a poor copy of a les paul. I bought this guitar because I used to have one when I first started playing almost four years ago. It comes with a little amp. Picks. Tuition cd. Strings and a stand. Or it did in the package I bought.

synyster234
    lol im thinkin of gettin 1 would you recommend???? im a begginer tho so i would be easily impressed haha
    Strat890
    I have on of these and today the top rhight knob broke and put a massive crack into the guitar(i dont know how it happened) and when i plug it in theres a massive distortion. Im taking it back to the shop. Thankfully i have a year waranty.