1963 Firebird VII review by Epiphone

Epiphone: 1963 Firebird VII

I play rock music. Usually classic rock, modern rock and garage rock. I use a Dunlop Crybaby wah pedal, and a Vox AD15VT amp (an awesome amp by the way.) This guitar works great with that setup. The pickups sound like a cross between a les paul and a Strat, which I like because it is unique. They are warm like a les paul, but twangy enough like a Strat so they are not muddy. I love the individual volume controls for each pickup. It allows me to create an infinate variery of sounds. I do not like the middle pickup very much. It sounds quite boring.

What I love most about this guitar is how awesome it looks. It turns heads wherever I go with it. I have played shows with it just fine. The guitar stays in tune very well, even after a few dive bombs with the whammy bar. The whammy bar moves up also, allowing you to raise the pitch as well as lower it. This is a really usefull feature. The sound of this guitar is quite Vintage which suits my style great. Overall, if anything happened to this guitar or if it was stolen I would definately buy another one. It is perfect for me and my style.

I have played live with this guitar just fine. The only problem I have with it is that it is a little heavy on the headstock side so it slumps down unless you have you hand on the neck. This is only annoying when your not playing, though. The guitar did drop onece, and so it has a few minor dings. But this was my fault because I was using an old crappy $3 strap. I can definately depend on this guitar and I would not need a backup.

I bought the guitar used from a good music shop so it came set up nicely. I'm really not picky about these sort of things, so the slight bit of fret buzz doesn't annoy me. The pickup selector crackles a bit sometimes. The finish was awesome, with no flaws whatsoever.

The guitar has a 22 fret neck. I beleive it is neck-through-body contruction. It has 3 mini-humbuckers, 1 master tone knob and 3 volume knobs, one for each pickup. Mine has a red body and gold hardware. The bridge is a tremolo system that's similar to a Bigsby. I am not sure what kind of wood this guitar is made of.

weggy
    tratcaster wrote: 595Metallica595 wrote: rulebreaker, hes trying to say the guitar sucks... dude just chill out and dont correct anyone on grammer you forgot two ****ing apostrophes.
    Guys, this is a GUITAR website, not language studies! But while we're at it, I commend you for spelling apostrophe correctly, however you forgot a capital letter Metallica. As for looks, I'd buy this guitar just because it is a different shape. Too many people are playing Strat or LP shapes for my liking.
    TJK-frosterfreq
    i have this guitar, and its so awesome!! i bought it,new and shipped for 700 canadian bucks. But yes, the case for it is not worth it at all...but i just had to get it a great guitar to play with a good distortion amp with its nice humbuckers get one~!
    outlaw metaler
    I Know this kid at my school with this guitar it is simly amazing only problem is how bassy it is
    Bonorly
    Awesome guitar, anyone recommend a decent amp to go with it? The Ephipohe Firefly 30DSP matches it well (as you can guess) but no guides and none stocked in shops near me, I don't know how good that will be