1965 G-400 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: 1965 G-400

Purchased from: music shop

I think it sounds great with all types of music but it's the best with AC/DC and The Darkness. I use a Fender 100 watt amp and a Zoom effects pedal and it all sounds awesome. The pickups sound great a nice full sound. And for all those people tryin' to play Eruption by Eddie Van Halen you can do it on this guitar with a few effects added.

I mostly play AC/DC and other old rock but it also goes well with country and punk rock. I've been playing for 8 or so months and since I got this guitar I've improved so much compared to playing on my Strat style guitar. If it got stolen I'd go and buy it again as soon as the insurance money came through. I love the look of it in the coffin case the best thing about it is the humbucker pickups they look and sound great. I looked at other SG models even the Gibson ones but none of them compared to this guitar I wouldn't want any other guitar.

If I was playing a long gig I'd have a backup because when you use the tremolo bar it goes out of tune in an hour or so and if you play real hard you'll probably snap your high e string I haven't had any trouble with the strap buttons the'll hold for years. It should last you for years and years.

When I bought it everything was fine but then some things went out of place like the pickups and jack it might just be a one off thing but I'd be careful. But the tremolo bar makes it go out of tune quickly. The pickups can be easily put back in place and you can ajust the bridge fairly easily.

My SG was made in 2006 in korea it has 22 frets rosewood board the body is mahogany it's double waxed with two humbucker pickups two volume controls and two tone controls 3 way pckup selector I got mine with a coffin case and stand. The tuning key are very good guality. The bridge is Tune-O-Matic which is very easy to string.

High_o
    to the second guy: if you dont want to use the tremolo, why did you buy that model? and also, you can replace the pickups
    mrperson
    I have one of these and it rocks but it doesn't actually fit in a normal case without a string breaking or something i hate that but it is still an awesome guitar
    wojcicki
    If you don't want your strings to break, just turn the tremolo bar around so that it's pointing towards the bottom of the case. It will put less stress on the strings.
    wojcicki
    Also, it's very top (head) heavy, like most SGs, so I definitely recommend a leather strap.
    Korzack
    Daniel Pearce wrote: Can someone tell me if this is the one that Jack Black uses in the 'School of Rock'??!!
    Nah, in that one He uses a Gibson SG (Standard, I think, I would say so). Haha I'd think that if Gibson had provided all the guitars for the film & lumped jack with an Epi, he'd have been annoyed. To be fair, a lot of tremolo use on any guitar puts the strings outta tune, regardless. Still, I'm liking the idea of this one - Maybe swap the pickups for what's on the Angus sig at some point for cheapness' sake. Deffo my next axe purchase, though.
    Nevada53
    Does anyone have for sale this model guitar? I am interested in buying. Write if anyone is willing.