Beast review by Epiphone

• Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Epiphone: Beast

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

The sound is pretty solid. The stock pick-ups are what is to expected from stock pick-ups. I play mostly metal, and I've managed to get a prettu good sound out of it. Being bought used, it had to undergo some small repair work, but nothing serious. I just had to lower the pick-ups a bit for better harmonics, and raise the bridge a little. Overall, this guitar has a pretty good sound, but with the help of a good amp I'm sure you could get a great sound from it.

I have had this guitar for years, and overall, I like it. It has its pros, and cons, but so does every other piece of equipment. If it was stolen, I would be screwed, considering that I haven't seen another like it in real life, and only one other online. My favorite feature of this guitar would have to be the neck. Its really comfortable, and pretty fast, which makes up for its monstrous body size. This guitar is one of a kind, and after years of playing with it, I'm satisfied with it.

This guitar is amazingly durable. As mentioned above, expect a few bumps, and bruises due to its large tail, and mine has been through hell and back for years, and it still works like the day I bought it. The hardware is pretty durable as well, but I do recommend dusting, and cleaning the bridge every once in a while. The only thing about the hardware is the input jack. It gets loose fairly easy, and can be very annoying.

The only complaint I have with the cosmetic design of the guitar is the size, and shape. Its tail is so large you can hardly find a case to fit it. I reccomend a Coffin case or any hard shell that can fit a Dean ML. Also, avoid playing this guitar in small spaces. Its tail-size will cause it to bump into anything and everything, expect to get a few scratches. This guitar has plenty of junk in the trunk, but ultimately, I can't complain much.

This Explorer model is extremely hard to find, even online. For a while I had no idea what it was. I knew only that it was an Epiphone, and an Explorer. But after countless hours of research, I believe I reached a verdict. The Epiphone Beast, has an Epiphone Explorer body, except for the tail, which is shaped similar to a bat wing, if you will. It is equipped with a Tune-O-Matic bridge, string through body, and bolt-on construction, banana-shaped head-stock and was built in Korea. Mine has a black finish, but I have seen only one other Beast online which was red. It has a three-way pick-up selector, and volume, and tone knobs.

DethbyChocolate
    The picture at the top isnt quite the guitar i was reviewing, the guitar i reviewed is really hard to find, so i suppose this pic will have to do
    mdskewes
    I just picked one up on ebay for $140 and I love it,just one thing,It's a anomoly as far as guitars,I cant find a history or why it was made.The built in chorus and pre amp is nice,well at least the pre-amp is,the knobs by the small switches are to control the effects, then that leaves 1 volume and a toggle for pick up selection.bottom line is everytime I play it I like it more,and I have 75 guitars so thats saying something!
    DrewMeyer
    Sure you do mdskewers. 75? Did you pull that one out of air? If your gonna lie, say only like 5 guitars.