Casino review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Casino

With my style being sort of brit pop (mainly play Oasis) it fits in perfectly to my style. I use the guitar through a Zoom Fire 30 and sometimes a Korg AX10-G guitar effects module. The Casino has a nice warm tone. In fact on the site I got it from it is described as "this guitar is all about tone." It has fantastic tone for my style and I enjoy playing it because of the sound it makes. Although I've only had the guitar for about a week I have found that there isn't a thing I can't play with it.

I got this guitar as a present from my parents after doing well in my GCSE's and I was actually after an Epiphone Dot 335, I was very shocked when I pulled out a Casino (200 more). This guitar suits my style perfectly and I would only change it if it breaks (which I can't see happening). I also have a Les Paul Special II so this guitar is a massive step up for me, and the quality seems too good to be true. I chose to get a semi acoustic because I wanted an electric guitar which is more for rhythm than lead and I also love the 335 style body. If this guitar was stolen I would hunt down the person who stole it and get it back, or failing that buy another one. Top marks to Epiphone on a quality product.

This will probably be changed to N/A but there was nothing wrong with the guitar, all perfectly set up.

Epiphone's original semi-acoustic, the Casino has changed little over the years. The combination of the hollow body and twin P90 pickups deliver a warm yet bright sound that sparkles. Parallelogram inlays, trapeze tailpiece, and some cool finish choices give the Casino a vibe all its own. - Back and sides: laminated maple - Fingerboard: rosewood - Frets: 22 - Machine Heads: chrome - Neck joint: set - Neck material: mahogany - Nut width: 1.62" - Scale: 24.75" - Top wood: laminated spruce - Inlays: parallelogram.

Sabud
    I think he said "semi-acoustic" not semi-hollow. The guitar is semi-acoutsic (half electric and half acoustic) and also a hollow body.
    Burpbelly
    and to be fair what i put in that bit was changed to what it says there which is from, i think imuso.com
    trepkos
    GSCE stands for General Certificate of Secondary Education is a qualification that we have in the UK.
    iKillYou!
    generally our big tests we take when we are about 16 in th U.k. is this a good blues guitar?
    Burpbelly
    Yeah for Blues there aren't many better - the P90's give a light distortion prefect for those long lead breaks
    Burpbelly
    Yeah - only if you play loud its cos its fully hollow, so its a bit of a beast with feedback; unless you have an EQ or you simply walk away from the amp a bit
    ECwomantoneman
    captain faggot wrote: whats up with the massive feedback i hear about? any truth to that?
    The thing is, the P-90's feed back a helluva lot anyway, and the body is totally hollow, that's why thye feedback a lot more than the other two Epis, the Sheraton and the Dot. Unless you playing at ear popping levels or stupid amounts of gain it won't be a huge problem.
    Purnin
    Oh man, I got one last week, I was actually planning on getting a Maton acoustic. Oh well, this thing is absolutely beautiful, great for a Beatle's obsessed lefty like me. The Natural finish one is to die for.
    Wulver
    Oh man, I want one of these so bad.....in any case, just stuff a shirt or something in the body if feedback's a problem. Jazz musicians do that on occasion, and it does indeed cut down on the feedback.