Casino review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Casino

Purchased from: Wunjo Guitars London

I play mostly Blues/Blues-rock/Indie music and this guitar compliments these styles beautifully. I'm playing this through a Vox AC4 and a Marshall DSL401 amp and it packs a great punch. The hollow-body paired with single coil P90s provides depth of tone with superb aural clarity. The neck pickup has typical neck pickup tone, very warm with a touch more bass and depth than the bridge and I found this perfect for rhythm work. The bridge pickup was a lot more trebly (but not too much) and offers quite a jangly sound. This is great for arpeggios. Playing this through my Ibanez TS9 really brings this guitar to life. The tubescreamer adds a bit of crunch to my tone and when both pickups are selected it gives great blues tones. Overall I would say this guitar has reasonably variety in tone. Not going to be able to handle too much distortion but that's not really my style so much. Great cleans, good with a bit of Drive and able to handle everything I do from Blues and 60s rock to Indie.

Overall I think this is a cracking guitar. I'm able to recreate those classic Beatles sounds as well as blues and Indie guitar. I would say this is definitely more geared towards rhythm guitarists than leads but is a fantastic guitar. If it were stolen I would only buy another Korean one (the Chinese ones I've played were totally different, in a bad way). I've been playing for 6 years and this is definitely one of the better guitars I've owned. It's much more hardwearing than other similar guitars in the market. The thin hollowbody makes it more comfortable to play and wieldy than hollow Gretsches and the P90s deliver great tone. Overall, brilliant.

This guitar, for a hollowbody, is very solidly built. Aside from the loose electronics (which I contribute to the previous owner) this guitar doesn't feel fragile or troublesome. Everything is very solidly put together and this would definitely withstand live playing. The tuners are reliable and steady, as is the bridge and the electronics. No real complaints here.

This was pre-owned (by one of the New York Dolls) and when I got it I was having buzz problems. I realised this was from the bridge saddles needing a bit of filing and it is fine now that's sorted out. Another issue was the tone and volume pots. They are scratchy and when I got the guitar they were loose (this resulted in losing one inside the guitar which required a lot of shaking to get it back through the hole again, seriously took so long!). The rest was fine and I've been able to set the action quite low for a guitar of this sort.

2003, Korean Epiphone Casino Hollow-body Natural finish Two P90 single coil pickups HSC included (see above reviews for detailed specs)

Duv
    CharGuitarGirl wrote: i apologise if this an incredibly dumb question but, whats the difference between this and the john lennon sig? johns 1800 ish and this one is around 500... are you just paying for the name so to speak?
    Better quality everything pretty much