Casino review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Casino

Price paid: € 480

Purchased from: Music Store Koln

I play Punk, Indie and Alternative. Mostly Clash, Libertines, Smiths, Oasis etc. This guitar is perfect for these styles! I play through a Fender Princeton 65 DSP and it sounds lovely with the clean channel although the Drive channel doesn't really suit it. That doesn't mean it doesn't sound good but with a solid-body guitar it would sound better. The sound is really soft and I love it. I play rhythm guitar and sing in a band and the lead guitarist loves it. Its perfect for the style I play so I rate it with a 10.

Just buy it ;). The guitar is brilliant. If it were stolen I would buy the same guitar on a cherry finish or if I had money I would buy a Gibson hollow body. Before buying it a also thought of buying a Epiphone Dot and I'm glad I didn't. A friend of mine bought one and the Casino is so much better.

I would certainly take this guitar on a gig. I mean if J.Lennon, P.Doherty and others played with it on big live shows with more than 2.000 people than I guess it would work on a gig with 200 people :p As I said I had no problems with this guitar and I hope/think it will last for much longer.

The store didn't had this guitar on stock so I bought the one everyone was trying. I never had a problem with this guitar and I have it for one year now. The only bad thing is the scratchplate which is kinda cheap. Otherwise this is just fine.

This guitar has a laminated maple body, a mahogany neck and a rosewood fingerboard.Its scale is 629mm which is quite long but it feels nice. It has 2 alnico P90 pickups, 2 volume controls and 2 tone controls. I bought it with a Vintage sunburst finish although I prefer it with a cherry finish.