Casino review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Casino

Purchased from: Brazilian Playtech

The P-90's are wonderful, exactly what I imagined it would be. The pick response you get from it is just amazing, fingerstyle without touching the volume with a Fender starcaster distortion pedal (with just a bit of overdrive) the sound is very warm and gentle, with a pick and heavy strumming the sound is very bright and sharp, with a easily recognized distorted tone, very bluesy and with a hint of a twang. It suits all the music I've tried playing with it, I use a Meteoro 200w Qx amp and a 20w Meteoro Nitrous amp and both amps sound amazing with this guitar. The clean channel with a high gain has a beautiful tone and with just the volume knob and pick-up Switch you can get a variety of tones from the guitar. With the distortion pedal you can get an amazing pick attack response and a beautiful Vintage valve overdriven amp tone, the distortion level needs to be very low in order to reduce feedback, or you can adjust the volume and set the distortion a little higher, either way it's not that difficult. I play all sorts of music, and this guitar can handle it all, if you want to see how you can play the Casino lead and solo with it right next to the amp without having troubles with feedback just watch The Beatles Rooftop concert where John plays lead on get back and he's standing right next to his amp with no feedback problems at all.

I play blues standards and B' sides, psychedelic rock, a little country, punk, and classic. I'm a huge Velvet Underground fan along with MC5 and Stooges, so the feedback from the full hollowbody is very welcome. The tone from the P-90's is just amazing, I've been playing for about 6 years and this is the best guitar I've owed. I went into the shop looking foward to buying an Epiphone dot, and the salesman brought the Dot box with a Casino in it, I didn't even hesitate and purchased it at the time, lucky enough they didn't even open the box to check it so I got the Casino for the dot's price, which is an extremelly bih difference in Brazil. The only thing I see myself doing with this guitar besides sanding it in a couple years is adding Gibson pick-ups just for the sake of it.

Definetly will stand live playing, and apparently everything seems to be built to last. The strap buttons are regular and I definetly depend on it, since I sold my backup in order to by this one. The finish is nice, not that old school sunburst but still nice, I can see myself sanding it down in a couple of years.

Beautiful finish although I can see myself sanding it down in a couple of years, the chrome hardware seems to be losing a bit of the Shine but it's still very nice. The action was a little high but a luthier can fix that in no time. Everything else in the guitar is beautiful.

2011 Vintage Sunburst Casino made in China. Standard Casino features, beautiful laminated maple top, mahogany fretboard with beautiful parallelogram inlay and trapeze tail piece. Es 335 style body with a full hollowbody setup, extremely light weight. 2 Volume, 2 Tone independent controls, with twin P-90's. Came with a cheap gig bag and cable.

dukeluke1
    i bought a brand new one in natural today! so happy I've been saving for 3 months to buy it thank god the aussie dollar is quite high at the moment!