Demon review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Demon

Purchased from: Friend

I mostly play classic rock/blues, with some newer sounds thrown in for good measure and this guitar is great for it. I use it with a Peavey Rage 158 and a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal and with a little tweaking of knobs I can get a lot of sounds out of this bad boy.

As I said before I play most classic rock and this is a good match. I've been playing for 2 years. If this guitar were stolen I would definitely buy a new one, I love the look, the sound, everything about it. One thing I don't like, and this is not really much of an issue for me anyways, but it is an odd shape which makes it a hassle when playing while sitting. Not too big of a deal but I thought I would mention it. Overall, this is a great guitar for beginners, who are looking for a decent sounding, affordable, cool looking 6 string electric.

I believe that this guitar will withstand live playing, it's a very solid guitar and it certainly has never crapped out on me before. Everything seem like that, with proper care it would last you a very long time. The strap buttons are solid and I would use it at a gig without backup. I recently did a custom paint job on it, but the finish was well done and would last through thick and thin.

The guitar was set up pretty good at the factory I guess. Everything came to me in good order. I really only had one problem with it, and that was when I play the low e and a strings, it makes a kind of "buzzing noise" which I believe is from a poorly filed fretwire, because it is rubbing against the string. That's about it I haven't had any other problems that weren't caused by me. The only thing I could reccomend is getting some strap locks since my strap doesn't ever want to stay on.

(Most of the detailed info about these features came off of the Epiphone website). This guitar was manufactured in 2001 in Korea (as far as I know). The neck is a 22-fret maple w/an Indian rosewood fingerboard and the body is also maple/satin finish. It is a "Demonic" spin on the classic Flying V guitars and has a string-thru-body bridge. It has a volume, tone, 3-way Switch with 2 "Ultra Hot" covered humbuckers. As far as I know the guitar didnt come with any accesories. But since I purchased it from a friend, who knows? The guitar comes in 3 colours: metallic black, red metallic, metallic light blue I have the black one.

gutfeeling666
    With the crappy fretwire, just re-string and file. I had the same problem on my Gibson SG classic. Hope this helps. cya
    RPGoof
    I have the same fretwire problem on my Demon... D: I think it sounds great for metal, but the cleans are kinda iffy...