Dot review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot

Purchased from: CRP music and recording

It suits some of my music style, like jazz, blues, classic rock and some lightly distorted things. I am running it through a Vox DA5, until I get a bigger amp. It has a nice, full clean tone, but gets noisy at heavy distortion. There is a lot of tonal variety, and is great for jazz bands and such.

I play anything from jazz to blues and metal. it's a great match for the softer spectrum, but not good material for heavier. I have been playing for 4 years, and I own a Yamaha acoustic, my Dot, soon to be another guitar for x- mas; P. If it were lost/stolen, I would get another, but it's pretty hard to lose, seeing as it's almost as big as my acoustic. I just wish it had more frets, but ts a Gibson copy, so what can I expect? Buy it and you wont regret it. Thanks.

This guitar will stand Live playing, and has been to a few gigs with me. The hardware is all solid and will keep on goin for years to come. I would deffinetly gig with a backup, not because of the guitar, buut because I need a different guitar for heavier things. I have staplocks on it, but the factory ones were great. The finish is also good, but would wear off after 20 years of playing, if you still have the guitar.

I didn't get it from the factory, so it was set up perfectly.Everything was great, exept for a few small chips, but what can you expect when you buy from a friend? I had to replace the pickup selector, but that was a cheap fix. the wood is great, everyone commenting on how hot it looks. The tuners re good, but locking would always help. This guitar, being pretty old, sat in my room un- air conditioned, and apperently, the wax pot melted, easy fix by my friends at CRP.

it was made in '97, idk where it was made, I think it was usa, maybe korea.There are 22 frets, rosewood fingerboard. I have the cherry finish and it looks amazing when polished, finger prints show easily.It is a double cutaway, semi hollow, witch means there is a maple block running down the center.Tune-O-matic Standard, and passive electronics.2 volume, 2tone, 3 way selector. the tuners are good, but needs better.