Dot review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot

Purchased from: Ebay

I play Old 1980's HardcorePunk Rock, Thrash, Oi! and some Rock'A'Billy. I have alot of Highend guitars and this one deffinatley holds its own.Sounds good in all my amps. I use No effects with it. Plugged straight in. Has a Full Variety of tones. Very Versatile for what I play. I've owned ALOT of Guitars. This is a Cheap one and still one of my favorites. Sounds great Distorted or clean. It can be noisy but its a Semi Hollow Body with Gibson USA pups Its to be expected.

Over all this is one of my favorite guitars. Only Epiphone I've owned but I like it. I have or have had Gibson USA's, Fender USA's. Gretsch's, Rickenbackers, Vintage Fenders, Vintage Peaveys etc... It keeps up with them all as far as Playabiity goes. Stays in tune, Sounds good out of the Box with a few minor adjustments and really takes a beating. I keep this one around because its comfortable to play. If it were any nicer I wouldn't feel comfortable taking it to Live Hardcore Punk shows. Cheap enough to not care if it gets a ding, Nice enough to be the first one I grab when going to a gig.

I've used this playing out ALOT. It stays in tune. Hardware has no problems keeping up with me. Replaced the strap buttons with strap locks. I can depend on this without a back up. I play really hard and aggressive. This thing keeps up and takes a hell of a beating. Always does great and never lets me down.

Nice action for a cheap guitar. I haveit set up with the Action low and fast.I bought mine used, but it was still in very good condition when I got it. Stays in tune and takes a beating. The finish is nice for a Cheap guitar, Fret is smooth. Stays in tune. Hardware seems to be decent. I've had this for 10 years at least, and had no problems at all with it.

Made in Korea, Semi Hollow Body, Transparent Red. Double cutaway. 3 Way Switch etc...Light, and comfortable to play. Deffinatley not a Gibson USA 335, But it Holds its Own. This is the Only Epiphone I own. Had it over 10 years, Still has original pups and Hardware. Sounds good and plays good. Its deffinatley not a Custom Shop guitar, but for the price its a great guitar No complaints, ITs not a Gibson but the build quality is pretty good on this one.

Cooganium
    best money i have ever spent on a guitar. I've read reviews, i've played with plenty of gibsons - the 335 sounds exactly the same, and the DOT is a fraction of the price. Just from reading reviews online and from recommendations, this guitar seems to be a bargain - but its more than that. It's perfect, i'd happily pay well over 400 for this, but i got it for 240... I'm recommending this to everyone.
    mathman51
    i just received an Epiphone Dot for Christmas and I don't know how my wife did it but she hit a home run with this gift. I have often told her that buying a guitar for me as a gift is like giving a pet as a gift....you just don't do it! I tried to explain to her that it's not in the name of the product but in the feel. She fluked out. It was brand new out of the box and red just like the one pictured. The factory set up was very good. The feel was excellent and right from the moment I put it in my hands I knew I had a new friend. The sustain, a fast neck it all felt right. I had been in the market for sometime looking for a hollow body but now I can safely say my search is over for now.
    OlBlindMan
    I love my DOT...Have had it for 4 or 5 months now, and I may change out the pups eventually, as they are not fantastic, but more than adequate for now. It is a well made guitar for the price, and the finish is very nice. Of course, it doesn't sound as nice as my friend's 335, but his was made about 40 years ago! With a set of PAF humbuckers, the DOT would be super sweet.
    OlBlindMan
    UPDATE.. My Dot is now equipped with a set a Golden Age Vintage humbuckers,and Graph-Tech nut and TOM Bridge and tail-piece. This guitar has become what I thought it would..fantastic. The tone, sustain, and overall feel of this DOT is superb. I would stack this DOT against any ES-335 any day of the week. So, lets see... DOT..$399....Graph-Tech parts...about $100, new pickups from Stewart-Mac..$139. Comes to about 638 bucks.....Try to find a Gibson ES-335 at that price...good luck!