Dot review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

I play Blues, Rock, Jazz, and a little country and it has a great tone for Blues, Jazz, and Country, and a pretty good tone for rock. This guitar is extremely versatile and great for pretty much everything, However I got a little annoyed by the lack of output from the pickups and I put some Gibson pickups in recently (Btw if you replace the pickups this guitar has 99% the sound of a Gibson ES-335). The natural sound of the guitar is great overall and the stock pickups are fine unless you're going to be playing studio gigs or at a professional level.

This guitar is perfect for Blues, Jazz, Country, and Rock, and pretty good for hard rock. I actually preferred this over my Gibson LP once I replaced the pickups. If anything ever happens to this guitar I would definitely buy it again, I think it was the best guitar for the price I've ever had. Oh, and I've been playing guitar for 10 years.

This guitar withstands live playing during even extended live playing and is extremely solid. I use this all the time for live gigs and I've never to go to my backup unless I break a string. The guitar's finish is like a tank, I've bumped this guitar into all sorts of stuff but it has never broken through to the wood.

The guitar was set up decently at the factory but it had some problems with intonation so I brought it back to the music shop to get it set up (something I do for all my guitars). They did it for me for free and now it is absolutely perfect. There were absolutely no flaws in anything besides the set-up on the guitar.

Mine is a 2010 model made in China with the Standard 22 frets, Maple Top, Body and Neck, and Rosewood Fingerboard. It has a beautiful cherry finish that never fades. It has 2 tone selectors, 2 volume selectors, and a three-way pickup selector switch. Oh, and the Grover tuners are freaking amazing.