Dot review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot

Price paid: A$ 590

Purchased from: Musicians Pro Shop

Well I as a musician tend to play too many genres ranging from Jazz to Metal (the shred-y stuff) and even some Pop as well (yes Pop is a genre that can be played on the guitar). I hook up my Dot to a Boss GT-10 which then goes through my computer straight to the speakers or my headphones. What I will as about the Dot is that it is a great Vintage sounding guitar in that, it handles and can play the whole myriad of genres pre-dating metal wonderfully. The tone of the guitar is extremely warm and works well with most genres especially blues and fusion jazz. The one major down side to this type of guitar is that it really falters (in my personal opinion) when it encounters and 'hi-gain' setting. But the way I see it is that since this guitar was supposedly to be a tribute to the Vintage sights and sounds of yesteryear that is really a huge problem, plus if you really want something to shred you shouldn't really be looking for an Epiphone. Either way the sound is very good considering the price.

If you guys want to buy a starter guitar I would seriously recommend you take a look at the Dot, it's warm, playable and most of all a quality instrument for an affordable price. I love my Epiphone Dot to bits so much so that I will at some point buy a Gibson Dot to play live with just to ensure that I will be as B.B. King once said "...Play this thing to the day I die".

YouTube preview picture

I've been playing this guitar for a couple of years now, and I really see no reason why I wouldn't be playing this guitar for many years to come.

When I got this guitar there were no flaws, maybe because it was already set up by the shop, either way my opinion is void.

My Dot was purchased from Musician's Pro Shop in 2009, my Dot is no different from any other Epiphone Dot around. My dot has 22 frets in it's rosewood fingerboard and Mahogany neck, the body is laminated maple with a Vintage sunburst top. The tuners are Grover and the pickups are alnico. Overall its not a really 'frills' kinda guitar but it does it's job well and without defect. However the only things I will say is that the G-string (no innuendo intended) doesn't stay in tune as well as it should, and the cutaway doesn't accommodate long stretches at the highest frets, but apart from that it's a pretty solid guitar.

karpis
    To [Dot Recently reviewed by: unregistered, on october 30, 2012] Gibson Dot?..
    kevinpaul
    There is a big difference between a Gibson 335 and the Epiphone 335. Wood, hardware and tone. The Epiphone is good the Gibson is great. Thing about changing the pups on the Dot. Never would cross your mind on the Gibson. The Epiphone you can replace, the Gibson you never could replace.
    ris789
    My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do, Fox92dotcom