Dot Deluxe Archtop review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Deluxe Archtop

The sound suits my style perfectly for blues or even rock, I use two Peavy keyboard amps with a Korg floor pedal, never expierenced any major noise from it when using quality cables. With the diffrent pickup selection you can get a full sound or a very bright sound. Bundled with an effects pedal this thing can make any sound.

Whatever style of music I feel like playing this guitar keeps up with me, I have been played for a little over 4 years. I own two peavy amps (which I prefer my guitar pair with over any Fender amp I have played), a Korg effects pedal, and a few other single effects pedals. I have no regrets on buying it, if it was stolen I would get the exact same guitar (they are cheaper now). I love the sound and size of the body but I wish that the tuners where better. I would compare this guitar easily to the 355 and many expierenced musicians (perviously on tours) who have played it (lessons) have raved over it saying how high quality the entire guitar is out of the box. Maybe one of theese days I'll have a 355 but this guitar is great for now.

The guitar was setup good by the factor, then better by a guitar center employee, then finaly much better (entonation problems) by a music shop. The pickups are perfect, the finish is beautiful. The bridge is great. The nut needed tightned (no problem). I had to superglue the Epiphone logo back on to the pickguard, I love how large this guitar is.

It's Epiphone's version of the great Gibson 335. This deluxe guitar is handsomely appointed with gold hardware, and features 2 humbuckers and a 24.75" scale set neck. The neck is maple with rosewood fretboard. The body is made of laminated maple.