Dot Deluxe Archtop review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Deluxe Archtop

Purchased from: Peter Cooks Guitar World

Although it has sound holes they are blocked off inside, so this guitar isn't really semi acoustic. It just has a hollow body. Don't get me wrong, the guitar is incredible. Looks great, plays great. The pick ups are quite bassy but its fine if you use the bridge pick ups only. Also the volume knobs don't seem to do much, you can turn it up to 10, but its still pretty much the same volume at 2, and 1 is half volume. It's handy though because at 0 it cuts out, so you can turn the sound off while you take the cable out etc. So you don't get a loud buzz. Overall has great quality sound, bassy pickups and nice tone.

Love it! I play Indie music, alternative rock. Had it for 6 months. If I could go back in time I wouldn't choose another guitar. I havn't gigged with it yet, just practised a played for a few people. Love all of it. You won't be dissapointed.

This guitar is great. As I've said its heavy so may not be great for jumping around on stage but it's not that heavy. Looks cool too. I might bring a Strat or something to alternate incase but then again most bands bring a back up guitar. Finish is great. At the moment my pickups squeak on high volume and gain, I think it's a fault so I should be able to get it fixed. Guitars never completely broken though.

Plays marvelously. I love it, I haven't had trouble to play anything. Never come across a song where I've needed more frets. Haven't had trouble with playing it at all.

This is definetely a great guitar, well worth the money I paid for it (got it first hand but for a discount). It's got 22 frets which is more than enough, 3-way selector Switch for its two humbuckers. Normally it comes with a nice hard case which has space to store stuff like picks, capo etc. Nice case, has a lock and free! Can't fault the case. The body is quite large. It's also heavier than most guitars becuase its bigger (even though its a hollow body) but I like it. Has strap locks etc everything you'd expect. Dot inlays on the frets of course. The fret sizes are normal, easy to play, I havn't had to change the bridge height or anything.