Dot Deluxe Archtop review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Deluxe Archtop

Purchased from: Sound Control

I like to play everything really. Experiment but I'd usually just like to play the usual rock, punk rock, punk-pop (quite a lot of Blink 182), alternative rock, Indie etc. At the moment I'm using a G215RCD Marshall. I haven't played too many guitars as I only have my Fender and this Epiphone but I noticed it's considerably more chunkier the sound, at least for the distortion anyway. The sound quality is brilliant everytime I pick up this guitar, and it suits pretty much most of all the things I usually play.

I said my style of music above and it matches with all of the styles I play. It can do a good heavy distortion sound + a good clean sound so I'm impressed. I've had this since October, I got it for my birthday and as well as my Marshall, I use a Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. I had a half an hour go on this guitar before I bought it and it played like a dream back then, and it still does. If this guitar got lost (doubt it) there's a chance I'll buy it again but I always like to try different things so what I love is that after playing on my Fender for such a long time, then getting this, it's just feels completely different and I love it. I chose this guitar because I just thought it looked pretty awesome and shiny in black and I don't regret buying it.

Guitar is brilliant. I haven't played it Live yet but I think it could probably withstand some bumping. It's a bit too heavy for properr punk style jumpimh about though lmao. But it's good enough for me. I think I can depend on it. I'll still probably bring my Fender as a backup, even though I doubt this will mess up a show. The finish is good enough to last, it hasn't shown any sign of wearing off yet.

This guitar is pretty much almost perfect for me. The control knobs on the guitar aren't the greatest but that's about it for me. Also I get fingermarks on it too easily cause it's shiny. I've been trying to look for a flaw with the paint job but I found nothing. there's the slight scratch on the pick guitar but I think I made that so.

I love this guitar. I got mine in black and it looks pretty stunning. I got my Epiphone Dot from Sound Control at a discount which was pretty awesome and it came with a free hardcase which has locks, space to keep your picks and stuff and it looks nice. Compared to my Fender, it is quite heavy and when you put in the hardcase, it'll be difficult to carry round everywhere with it. It's got 22 frets which is plenty for me and has all you would expect from it, strap holders, 2 humbuckers, 4 control knobs (including volume) and a three way selector etc. It is a hollowbody guitar, it has normal fret markers, and the fret board is relatively easy to play.

Topbosslegend
    neptune1988 : Are the tuners, bridge, and pots high-quality?
    Of course, its an Epiphone :
    wizardcody
    got my dot about 3 months back...swaped out bridge pickup with a seymor duncan pearly gates...what a diff!!!it screams in any direction i push it...left the neck pickup in cause it plays jazzy blues quite well...next thing is some CTS pots for better vol/tone control...love this baby