Dot Deluxe Archtop review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Deluxe Archtop

It goes really great with blues and screams when you do lead. It suit's my music which is really everything. The amp I use it with is a 300 watt Peavey amp that is hugh about 3 feet tall. And it sounds great. I have a POD and I use all the effects.sounds great at the Acoustic setting. And very clear. With a bright sound. Lots of varietyevery sound really great lead, of finerpicking or any thing it's really good with everything.

I play all music and it suit's me very well. I've been playing for 2 years and I can play about 350 songs and I'm the best in my school. I would of asked if they could tighten everything and fora long warrenttee. I'd get something else because I want to try new things. If it were stolen I would freakout. I love the body of all because it's very nice. I hate that the fret inlays are just dots and not even real mother pearl I want bar inlays.my favirote feature is the body. I choose this guitar beacuse I liked the sound and when I saw it it was love at first sight beacuse it is sexy. I wish it had bar inlays grover tunner heads, re- wireing, a new trass rod cover, knobs, Switch knobs, pickups. I'm getting them soon.

It will withstand Live playing I've played it in a gig in wisconsin and it was good. The hardware I need more beacuse it's loose and rusty. Srap buttons don't stay solid for that long.yes I can depend on it and I would use it on a gig without a back up. Lol the fisnish is thick and will last and has lasted.

The action is "good" and doesn't buzz really anymore but at fist I didn't like it. The pickups werent adjusted that well so I adjusted them. The only flaws in the guitar were thehard ware and the bracets that hold up the pickguard were rusted and still are so I'm getting new ones. The controles were loose so when I turned one knob all of them turned? So I fixxed it.

My Dot Deluxe Archtop was made in 2000 I believe in the usa it has 22 frets with mediam frets made of rosewood. It's body is laminated maple, witch is a flametop but is a darker style. The body stle is a hollow body the bridge is a tune-o-matic. It's hollowbody so it's electric and alittle of acustic. Included with a 3 way selector and 4 knobs 2 for tone and 2 for volume.the pick ups are classic 57' alnico humbuckers. Not sure what machine heads they are; no name at all only gold(the finish of the guitar is gold). And there locking though. Came with a hard shell case that is fitted only for the Dot, and is formed around it.

minchew
    SOADriff wrote: Kings of leon guitarist uses epiphone dots. Hes got a wicked tone.
    that's just another reason for me not to buy one.
    zeminion
    minchew wrote: that's just another reason for me not to buy one.
    dude.... lame....