Dot Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Studio

Purchased from: guitar center

It is good for my styles, blues, rock, jazz, and alt rock. I use it through a monster cable on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. Clean it is somewhat muddy on the neck pickup and it is crystal clean on the treble pickup. Crank up the distortion and it still retains a rich and full sound and dosent lose its shape. It is a very quiet guitar and dosent make much noise. I love it except the bass is boomy on the neck pickup.

I play rock, blues, jazz, and alt rock. I have been playing for 2 years and I also own a Squier Strat and a hot Rod Deluxe amp. I use a Vox wah-wah and a Boss DS-1 for gigs. No questions when I bought it, I loved it when I first picked it up. If it were stolen or lost, I would definitely buy it again, or if I had loads of money I would get the Gibson ES-335. I love everything o it and it is just a perfect guitar. This guitar was compared to a Ibanez artcore of the same style and this one won because of the pickups, wood, and quality. The only thing I wish it has is a higher gear ratio on the tuners. This guitar is for the one who lusts after a Gibson ES-335 but lacks a 1000 bucks.

Yes this guitar is gig-worthy, an the hardware is very stable. The finish won't wear off cuz its solid. the strap buttons don't wiggle around and I can depend on this guitar to come up with all that I need and it fits my style perfectly.

The action was low but ot did not buzz. It was perfectly set up. The pickups needed no adjusting and the bridge was perfectly placed atop the body. Absoulutly no flaws in the finish, it was a perfectly even coat.

Mine had a made in china sticker and it is new. It has 22 frets. Solid top. 2 volume 2 tone. Hickups were 59 classics 2 humbuckers. Passive electronics. Body is mahogany and neck is maple with rosewood fingerboard. Finish is a transparent cherry. Double cutaway. Tune-o-matic bridge with stop tailpiece. Non-locking grover tuners and a rounded maple neck.