Dot Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Studio

My style is punk rock, alternative with clean jamming. I run this thorough a Digitech RP 200 and out of a set of PC Speakers (plan on buying a Line 6 Spider 75 watt next month), I use Dean Markley's 10s because the original strings suck. The pickups are not noisy, probably cause I use the soundgate. The sound on the bridge is quite muddy when played clean, a little too bassy. On the middle setting it's great for a clean channel amp to bust a few open chords on. Havn't really used the neck pickup much but it sounds really bright and sorta dullish, good I guess for rythem. The guitar can make a variety of good clean sounds when played with the right amps I might say, but when played with distortion, the bridge pickup is really dirty sounds good. Makes palm muting awsome. I like it a lot.

Like I said I play punk rock and this guitar sounds good that. Offers plenty of versitility. I have been playing guitar for about a year and a half now, I traded a Squier Affinity Strat for this, was only worth 45 bucks but it was alright. I should have tested all the frets first and wished I could have put a strap on just to see how it fits. I like the humbuckers on this thing, sounds a lot better than the singlecoils on the Squier. What I dislike are the high action and the lack of fret mark inlays. I didn't compare this to another guitar, just went in and put it on layaway. This is my review and I hope it helps you make a good decision before buying this.

This guitar could withstand live playing, havn't tried to gig with it yet. This guitar will last for a while with much maintenence I believe, the finish is alright, it's all red with black binding on the body but could wear off if played with constantly. The strap buttons were good though locking might work better, the head seems to be kinda heavy, when played standing up the head seems to slide down ward unlike a Strat. I could depend on it because I don't really take it to the limits and it seems like you can play this without a backup. Pretty reliable.