Dot Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Dot Studio

It is a pretty decent sounding guitar. It is fairly versatile as far as music styles go, but definitely was built for playing the blues. I have been playing guitar for 3 years now and I am into blues and rock, so this guitar is perfect for the intermediate guitarist Who is looking for a guitar in the 200- 700 dollar price range. When I play it I use a Vox amp and a clean setting. It is a semi-hollow body therefore it has a rich deep sound. It is only so so as far as the amount of "sounds" it can make, but is great for blues and rock. Definitely not a choice for the metal guitarist.

I play blues and rock and this guitar is a perfect match for me. I have been playing for 3 years and I currently own a 1964 Fender concert, a Martin acoustic, a Epiphone Dot Studio, and an Epiphone Les Paul. If it was stolen I would absolutely buy another. I love the rich twang blues feel it has. I don't like the fact that I need to re-tighten the input every week or so. My favorite feature is the dual humbuckers and the pickup selector. I spent around 3 hours at guitar center trying out different guitars, and I tried the Gibson equivalent and quite frankly I think that the Epiphone sounds better, but that is just my opinion.

I play at churches in Michigan, and it has held up perfectly so far. I am a little concerned about the input. It continues to come loose no matter how much I tighten it. The strap buttons are very solid, but I don't like the placement of the top one because it is on the back side of the guitar and is quite inconvenient. It is a dependable and I would and have used it on a gig without a back up. The finish is thin and because it does not have a pick guard it is starting to chip a little where the pick guard should be.

I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the action for only paying 300 dollars. The pickups were adjusted properly. Besides having a loose input the guitar doesn't contain any flaws. The finish looks like it might be prone to chipping, but as all hollow bodies you have to be careful with it because it is not as dense.

pringerz
    Weybl Himself : Big mismatch here with the first 2 or 3 reviews, they seem to be describing the Dot, not the Dot Studio.
    Yeah he's right, I own a dot STUDIO, cost me 250 at guitar center and its got no pick guard, one volume and one tone knob. The Dot on the other hand is sold for about 350-400, has got the scratch guard with the "e" logo, and the 2 tones and 2 volumes. So yeah there seems to be a mixup.
    Epiphone'sRock
    i have the dot STUDIO and it is a great guitar nice tones and good looks however mis informed folk here are reviewing the epiphone dot standard not studio