Elitist '61 SG Standard review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Elitist '61 SG Standard

Purchased from: ebay

This guitar sounds great. It has the very rich sound that only humbuckers can produce. It sounds great on solo's, and puts down a very bassish rhythum. I have heard it closely compared with a Stratocaster, and the Strat sounded nausiatingly high pitched and annoying next to it. This guitar suites my style of music, AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Stevie Ray Vaughn, JJ. Cail, Grateful Dead ect. perfectly.

This guitar out of all the ones I have played is by far the best. I would even reomend it to people over Gibsons. It plays rock and roll and blues superbly. I play it through a Marshall half stack, and an assortment of Digitech petals, (BP2000, Hot Rod, a Wah Wah, and a Blues Driver). Personaly if somebody stole this guitar, I would hunt them down and beet their ass.

This guitar almost never goes out of tune. It withstands even the roughest tweking and bending. I have no doubt that this guitar will outlast us all. The finish has even withstoud and bash from the headstock of my freinds Jackson DK Dinky.

This guitars finish is superb. There is not one flaw in the finish. I've had it for 3 months and it hasn't been into the shop once. The action doesn't buzz at all. The rosewood fretboard is really fast, and your hand moves along it like butter.

This guitar was made in 2004. All of the parts are American made, grover tuners, 50RS humbucker USA rhythum pickup, 60ST humbucker USA treble pickup. 2 tone, 2 volume, 3 way Switch, and nickle hardware, but assembled in Japan. It comes with a Epiphone Elitist hardshell case ($130 value) free. It has the same type of body on it as a Gibson SG Standard.

kurt_isnot_dead
    i see one of this sg's but with gold cover humbuckers, i think it's the same, but it's price was $370 (obiously used)