Elitist Les Paul Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Elitist Les Paul Custom

Purchased from: Hamamatsu Japan

It's made for Classic Rock and won't disappoint if you dabble in GN'R or Mettalica. Think Gibson LP R9. It works very well with my Fender HotRod and my friends' Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II and MB RoadKing. The electronics are superior (pots and switch) and the humbuckers are Gibson-quality.

I play classic rock, blues, learning jazz, and dabbling in some metal. This one does most of it. I go to my 7-string MIJ Ibanez for the extra chug and trem wankery or to my Strats for SRV and Blackmore. This comes close to the Gibson R9, my MIJ Burny Super Grade comes closest to the R9, stock. I was fortunate to get this and its twin SG, also in Alpine White, when a local shop had a huge anniversary sale in Hamamatsu. I've seeen this same model sell for $900-1100 on Evil Bay. I'd rate this slightly higher than the MIJ Tokai LS (Love Rock) and MIJ Edwards LP, but slightly below the MIJ Burny Super Grade.

This guitar reminds me of my dad's Gibsons, built like tanks. I expect this to remain awesomely playable when I have grandkids. The straps are pretty solid but like most of my LPs, it'll get the proper straplocks. This thing probably weighs 11 pounds or so. This is my current "go to" LP.

The action wasn't extremely low, the pus didn't need height adjustment, and the finish was flawless. I've had this for a little over 6 months, way past the honeymoon stage, the Gold hardware looks new, since I make sure to wipe it down after each session, and I still am amazed by what I paid for it.

This Made in Japan LP Custom Elite was a limited production run similar to the specials run by bigbox guitar stores in the USA like MusiciansFriend/Guitar Center. Mine is a 2007 model with the typical MIJ quality, high. 22 frets, 24-3/4" scale, Mahogany set neck, Mahogany body with a Maple cap, Alpine White with Gold hardware. They offered 2 PU configs: Burstbucker Pros or Burstbuckers 1 and 2. Mine came with the BB 1/2.

bokuho
    UrMomsMom wrote: I dont trust this review... i mean come onnn... perfect 10s ?!??!?!?
    All perfect 10's is a little bit high I agree, but Elitists really are THAT damn good. Unless you really want a Gibson neck profile (and can't live with the Epiphone neck profile at all), the Elitists are better in most respects than their Gibson production-level counter parts. In terms of sheer build quality (forgetting personal tonal preferences or whatever for a moment), only the Gibson Custom Shop can beat them.
    blaze2thekings
    mayer_fan44 wrote: Second, being hand made also makes it possible for flaws in the instrument.
    stupidest thing ive ever heard, anybody that works for any big name company is a very skilled person who creates amazing guitars thats the point of having a high end guitar...its hand made, machines go through the motions. So if you pick up a Gibson or whatever brand and it sucks....its cuz some guy dropped it in the back of the shop or it got warped or something.
    cukd7x-a2-
    paultheturk wrote: this guitar is pure sex i want it so much maybye in alpine white though yep yep
    A Gibson Les Paul Studio in alpine white costs the same just about, os your choice...
    MCrmy777
    A lot of bands play these. Mychem. Sugarcult, plain white t's, hawthorne heights. Until they get big and start playing gibsons