EM-2 Custom review by Epiphone

Epiphone: EM-2 Custom

Purchased from: www.guitarcenter.com

I think is one of the best Epiphone guitars at the time, I can play from blues with my Fender 70s reverb, to any kind of rock-metal music, with my Line 6 spider IV. The pickups, in active mode, are excellent for metal or agressive music, with high output, gain and sustain. In passive mode, can be compared with the emg-hz; really good!

I have benn playing guitar for 7 years, so Im experienced in different styles of music, but my favorites are blues, metal, and old school rock, and this guitar is excellent for this kind of music. I bought this guitar, because I wanted to check out Epiphone new stuff. I thought it could be some students series guitar, but when I began to play it, I discovered new ways to express. If my guitar were stolen, I will buy a new one inmediatly. I would compare the EM-2, with the Schecter fr hellraiser. It is a great guitar, the best non-classic Epiphone guitar.

Is great for live playing. You can be playing for all a month without tuning it again. The Floyd Rose action, is awesome, you can make dive-boms, and dont worry for tuning. Everything is all right, except for the strap buttons, theyre weak, and dont seem to resist. I change them for Dunlop original strap locks. In the pack I bought, came a gig bag, but when Im travelling, I cant depend on it. I bought an Epiphone hardshell case. Really, the Epiphone access pack, isnt useful, only if you need to practice, or just have fun.

The guitar is excellent from factory, well adjusted pickups and tremolo. But of course, I checked with a friend of mine, that is luthier. I recommend, that always that you buy a new electric guitar, check it with a luthier, or with the correct person. I think the only bad things, are the Epiphone strap-locks, they arent strong enough for playing live. Dunlop straplocks are great for this.

Hello, I got a new elctric guitar, from the cool prophecy series of epiphone. I bought at Guitarcenter.com, and it included an Epiphone access pack, that is a 15w amp, with fx loop; headphones, gigbag, strap, 15m guitar cable, and an electronic tuner. This is a very cool model, with quilted maple, in an ebony midnight finish. It has 24 frets, and is very easy to play along the ebony fretboard, because of the thin speedtaper maple neck, and the really comfortable neck joint, that is bolt-on, but also can be seen as set-in, because of the way of the joint with the basswood body. The body style, is sexy, but not as agressive as the futura, is kind of Strat style, but of course, in a different way. It has original Floyd Rose tremolo, that have more expensive guitars, and that is a really good feature. Also has epi-active pickups; Epiphone designed active humbuckers, that also can be used in passive mode. Grover tuners, i volume, 1 tone, and 3-way selector.

epicginge98
    Doesnt seem the best guitar you could get for the price...why not just buy and Ibanez RG?
    bruffy7
    i would get a gio. but i'd have to kill myself due to the unbearable shame of owning a guitar carrying the gio brand.