Emily The Strange G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Emily The Strange G-310

Purchased from: Guitar Guitar

I play mostly metal with some rock and a littl eblues and it fits really well. I use it with my Korg AX10G and my Yamaha 10watt practice amp and I get a little fuzz, but thats possibly the mix of a crap amp, stock pickups and the electrics. The bridge pickup is a bot quiet but gives a nice punchy but clean sound. You can get alot of sounds out of this guitar.

This is a great guitar and will suit any style of playing. I have been playing for 1 and a half years and this is my second electric guitar (my first was a Yamaha ERG121C) and it was a great improvement from my first. If it were stolen or lost I would definatly buy another one (or hunt down the guy who nicked my old one). I love the neck, it is slightly wider than other guitars necks, and feels more comfortable, and a thing I hate is the need to stretch the strings on it so they don't detune when you bend. I played a Epiphone Explorer first in the guitar shop and it's neck was worse and it felt far more uncomportable to play. I chose this because it felt better and was "the one". I wish it had a whammy bar and better electronics. Oh, and some EMG's would have been nice as well!

I have dropped this guitar, smashed the headstock against my computer desk a lot and against heavy objects, and it has no scratches and isn't damaged at all. The hardware looks like it can last years and years, the strap buttons are solid, I would use it in a gig without backup (the strings last ages on it). The finish will probably last longer than I will!

I have a little bit of buzz at the saddles, I dunno how to get rid of that but I will sort that later. The pickups were at a good height, they don't 'cause string drag. The electrics are kinda noisy, but not much of a problem to me right now.

It was made in september 2005 in China, it has 22 jumbo frets, has a really phycadellic paint job, an SG shaped body, Tune-O-Matic bridge, 2 volume and 2 tone controls and came with a gig bag and a cable.

Kain_Doom01
    lol, I saw that guitar before! It's funny, I played it and it wasn't right for me, I guess it depends on what you play, most epiphones can't handle my Instrumentals with pick grinding and asll the fun noise making things, it doesn't carry tapping well either....and it holds its tune like a quadropolegic can hold a can of soda