Emily The Strange G-310 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Emily The Strange G-310

Purchased from: Topman

I play everything pretty much, I play from David Bowie to Slipknot to Jimi Hendrix and it does them all, I found the pickups r quite powerful and get noisy but not lose the tone. I have just recently purchased a Vox AD100VT, and it sounds great on that, but for about the past year I've had a Marshall MG15DFX. it did well on the Marshall and better then my Strat, but the amp could not cope with how low the tone could go, and if bass and the tone nob was turned up on full it would make static sounds. But with the Vox it's fine and a great combination for all types of playing.

A very good guitar and I would give it an overrall 10/10, but becuase of the nut it gets 9.7 by me. For the price I paid (170). It is incredible and has opened up a whoel new world of playing or me. It has also encouraged me to look at other Epiphone products and am thinking of getting an Epiphone Les Paul in a few years time.

This guitar withstands live playing. I do bring backup but that's only becuase of the problem with the nut which I usually check up before a gig, the strab buttoins are fairly solid and the strap only falls off when your putting the guitar on and never when your acutally playig. The finish definately would withstand it and the tone of the guitar makes me love playing Live with this.

The guitar set up was nearly perfect, everything was fine the only slight hiccup is that the output nut comes loose very easily, and when that happens it twists and breaks a wire inside, it is repariable but only temporarily for a few days. it just makes a buzzing noise and no acutal guitar sound whe you plug it in. It's the noise when the amp is turned on but the lead is not plugged into the guitar. However do not let this put you off buying this guitar because I'm pretty sure it is just a fault with mine. The finish is fine the pickups are adjusted fine and there is no buzzing on the frets.

This is a 2005 G-310, mines from the workshops of tenesse I think but being british I don't know. 22 frets, rosewood neck and also I found the neck to be quite wide, and the strings quite far off the fretboard. I owned a Squire Stratocaster and I still have it, so maybe that just has a very thin neck I don't know. Finish is cool and I chose it over the plain black just to be different. Tune-O-Matic bridge and non-locking nuts, still it stays in tune pretty well and much more then my Strat, 2 tone and 2 treble nobs witha three way selector. It came witha emily the strange gig bag, a thing cable which I use for tuning, and a strap. Pickups seem to be rock pickups to me and are double open coil humbuckers.

Edby
    Its funny i saw this in the after-christmas sales for 250 with gig bag, lead, tuner, picks and 150 worth of music lessons from jamplay.com. I thought it was too good to be true. Its a nice guitar but anyone who buys it will look a twat playing it in a few years time. Its a beginner guitar. nothing else. And no beginner wants to spend 250 on a guitar until they know they want to pursue it further.
    [B]C [R]ich
    wow im sorry but that just looks stupid a really lame paintjob on top of it i hate SG's
    blacklight68
    Yeah i just refound this review. Quick update of roughly five years later, don't bother it's ok for a beginner guitar but there are much better options out there. In retrospect was a bad purchase, didn't really know wha ti was talking about back then.
    :..*lazy*..:
    Kurai-sama wrote: Me three. >_> Guitar = awesome art.
    Me 4. Let me ask a question DimebagJeff- Why?
    TAOD4ever
    Emily the strange is stupid, she should not be on an SG. Neither should that Pirates of the Caribbean SG. An SG should be either be cherry or ebony. not vanilla either yuck!