ET-270 review by Epiphone

Epiphone: ET-270

Purchased from: Musician's Garage Sale Anchorage AK

My ET 270 plays surf, rock, blues rock, boogie and country. I use a Fender Studio Bass anmp-paid $100 for it, replaced one tube-and several other amps, including Gibson RVT 15, 30 and 45, as well as an old tube Newcomb, a Kalamazoo Model Two, a Danelectro Dirty Thirty. For effects: Emerald Echo, Dano Distortion, old Pro Co Rat, Morley Wah, Vox wah (not at the same time) old yellow Boss pedal, Johnson J Station.

I play a lot of rock, a little country, a tiny bit of jazz, some surf, godforbid grunge and punk sounds... I've been playing either too long or not long enough, depends on which ex wife or grown daughter you ask. People have stopped saying "If you don't quit picking on that thing it will never heal". Grateful for that... I had two ET 270s, and I deeply regret losing the other one. Interestingly, I was looking at the one I bought, the store owner said a guy was in the day before and had just called him, saying he had dreamed he bought the ET 270 and was on his way over to get it. I immediately bought in on the spot. Bothers me. Hope he got another ET 270. I would compare this to a Mosrite or Mosrite clone. I sometimes wish it had another pickup. Don't like the black pick guard. Wish the handle on the vibrato bar was flat. I bent the bar best I could... If it wear lost or stolen I would get another one. Probably two. I appreciate everything about the ET 270. Light weight, great neck, well built. I do question the state of mind of Kurt Cobain for having publicly destroyed his ET 270. It boogies with the best of them.

I've never had a problem with it for eleven to twelve years. I doubt that I ever will. The ET 270 is well known for live playing. Ask Kurt Cobain. I play it more than my Rickenbacker re issue. Finish is fine, and will continue to be so for another thirty years.

I bought the guitar used. I've changed only the strings-and none too frequently. (interesting plastic rollers at the bridge). Red paint. It is a nearly perfect guitar (but see my Guild S60 and Epi Genesis). Tone pots are getting a little scratchy. But so would you after thirty years of being tossed, thrown, dropped and left out of your case for weeks on end.

My ET 270 is a MIJ. Usual number of frets. Body style is an unusual elongated Mostrite/Strat with thin neck. Rosewood fretboard. Dual single coils once described as mini P 90s. Non covered tuners! Has a slider Switch for bass boost. Non locking tuners that have never failed me. Bought it in 1997/8. Has original chipboard case. Has original vibrato bar. Floating trem.

milankatic
    Hi im interested in buying this guitar, email me if u seling it still. To talk about price and shipping. Tnx Milan