Firebird Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Firebird Studio

I play mainly Alternative rock, punk and hard rock. This guitar does it very well, though it could fail at high gain stuff. I use is with a Crate Palomino V8-Both sound great, I can get a very full, warm sound, or roll the tone on both up for a pretty sharp sounding tone.

For The Music I play(written above) this guitar does pretty well, though a not that great for heavier music. I can compare it to an Epiphone Les Paul Standard of it's price level, so you can get an good idea about it. If it was stolen, I'd probably get an other guitar, not cause this is a bad one, it just for my preference. Only thing I wish it had is other inlays, like Trapazoid, but that's an entirleyby my choices.

The strap buttons are Ok, yet the strap does come off after some time. The hardware seems ok, it's gonna last for some time. I'm not sure if it will stand playing live as I don't play Live, so I don't really know if I'll pkay this with no backup. The finish on this one looks great to me, I think it should last for some good time.

The guitar was set pretty well when i got it-it had pretty good action, well adjusted pickups. The only bad thing about it was the the little plastic thing that says Tone on one of the knobs fell off as it wan't glued well. Other than this, the guitar had no flwas whatsoever, and was pretty well made and delivered.

My Epiphone Firebird Studio was my August 2008 in China. It has 22 frets and A set Mahagony neck and body, chrome hardware and a 24 3/4" scale. I'm pretty sure it has a satin finish, with a Tune o matic bridge and a stopbar piece, with 2 Alcino pickups. There is a 3-way pickup selector and 2 volume and tone knobs. It has awesome Banjo tuners, which work great. For a while.