Firebird Studio review by Epiphone

Epiphone: Firebird Studio

I mostly play metal rock and alternate and this guitar gets the sound every time. I plug it into my spider 2 15watt and it handles the distortion on the insane setting beautifully. Put it on clean and it sound amazing as well. The only problem I would say there is is tapping but that's mainly my fault since I'm a beginner. Overall it sounds nice and it can fit your style perfectly.

This is a good match for any style. This is my first guitar so I might be exaggerating. If it was stolen I'd call the cops maybe buy a Gibson Firebird or a new one. It has a nice look to it what I hate about it is that your have to buy a special case for it. I would recommend this guitar to anyone just keep safe and on a stand.

This guitar is very reliable I've banged it up alot and all I've seen are some minor marks and scratches. The strap buttons are well in place don't fall or make your strap fall. I would easily take this to a gig(if I was in a band) without a backup that's how confident I am about this guitar. I've had it for a while now and its still solid. The only problem like with any guitar is strings. Overall good.

The guitar is flawless unless you mess around the screws on the bridge then you'll have some problems. The pickups were well adjusted and overall good.

This is a Korean made Epiphone it has 22 frets on a mahogany neck. The neck is nice a smooth easy to play along the frets. There are 2 volume knobs and 2 tone knobs and a three-way pickup. The pickups sound amazing and they are protected by a small metal covers that make the guitar look even better. Mine is solid black which in my opinion looks sick.

MaggaraMarine
    @ deathpunk456: Yes, you are exaggerating, 10/10 reviews are not helpful. And you will hear about your Line 6 15 watter (on "Insane" setting that has nothing insane but it's insanely bad ), be prepared for some flaming!
    MaggaraMarine
    deathpunk456 wrote: rv_phoenix wow dude not everyone has enough money to buy a Gibson and besides its not the gear that makes you sound good its your playing and besides like i said in the beginning its my first guitar so calm down
    As I said, prepare for flaming. But yeah, people should be more kind here. I know that rv_phoenix has good points in what he is talking about but he says some things pretty straight what he thinks about them. If he thinks something sucks, he says it.
    sicmidic
    I have a 2001 made in Korea. I use it for slide mostly. Opens A or D and it is perfect for that job. I have other guitars I like better for lead and back up.
    fuze7
    my impression: the wood is good as well the construction. the hardware and electronics are cheap like many Asiatic models, but the tuners are really good. You can play any kind of genre if you change the pickups according to your type. maybe not suitable for funky and similar, but perfect for blues, rock, jazz, and metal too(with the right pickups). many people says that is like the epiphone sg with a different shape, but i totally disagree. the difference in sound and feeling its huge. the Firebird is much much heavier, but(maybe for that) sound much much better . for me the neck also is better than the SG. i got one for 200€ (ex-demo from a shop) and put 2 Seymour Duncan and a tonepros bridge, and i couldn't be happier with the choice. Highly recommended!!
    MaggaraMarine
    EasyMucy wrote: I have to add a few words to what I wrote above... After posting my review I switched the pickups, so Gibson humbicker is now on neck position and Seymour Duncan on bridge. Sounds much better now. The selector switch died oneme YET AGAIN so I went and bought a Gibson original switch. You can hear me sliding with that animal on youtube, just search Zdravljica Banzai. I recorded it with a 5W Epiphone Valve Junior, without using effects, volume on 2.
    Yeah, Epis have bad pickup selectors.
    deathpunk456
    NikDrag
    Guys. I have the korina version and gig with it consistantly. No, its not a gibson. Its not perfect. Im playing through a marshall MA50 head and 1960 vintage 412. This bird, stock, can really rip. im absolutely in love with the thing, and it got me hooked on the firebird bodies and the gibson family. Id say its a really good, working mans guitar. Priced well, looks cool, sounds pretty good (not amazing) but depending on your rig, its decent, especially for the price. I also intend to buy moreof these tuners for the rest of my guitars xD
    rv_phoenix
    The newly added review, written by deathpunk456 , is simply a mere laughingstock. Not only that it grants a straight 10 to a cheap version of a cheap copy of Gibson's Firebird, a guitar never praised as perfect (quite the contrary). But the guy doesn't have any idea what a saddle is: "messing with the buttons on the bridge" is an operation only someone who has nothing to do with playing will actually do. Then, he's granting a 10 for the sound, after playing the copy of the copy through his crappy 15W SS Line 6! And makes a theory about the pickups, being "nicely" covered by a metal can! Do you realize that the guy has never seen a PAF pickup before writing his precious piece of junk, called "review"? I strongly propose to ban such "reviews". It's just a waste of time and space. They don't to any good to anybody.